• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Mount Hovering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok, simple realy, i dont know if you need to use a trigger for this or indeed it is possible to make a spall without using triggers to make this effect.

But what i am requesting is an ability which allows the hero to "mount up", in other words one that makes a unit classed as a hover unit and flighs higher than usual to accomidate the mount between them and the floor. Also it would be great if it could be turned off. Also i want the user to be able to fight and animate whilst on these mounts, so i cannot make an ability to transform the user into the mount and attach a model of the unit on top of it.

I am pretty sure triggers will be needed so thats why im posting it here. Please help, and if you are confused about some of what i have said just ask!

Level 9
Yea what Blarg said, if you ended up creating a trigger to do all that, it would probably be very tedious and not turn out well in the end, create a custom model or just find one thats close enough to what your looking for, compromise isn't fun, its a way of life.

Level 6
Wait iv just come up with my own concept, the ability could be a transform ability which transforms it into a flying version of its same model but adds a model attatchment beneath it. Thanks for the two responses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.