1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Mount Hovering

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Hargoth, May 8, 2009.

1. Hargoth

Hargoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, simple realy, i dont know if you need to use a trigger for this or indeed it is possible to make a spall without using triggers to make this effect.

But what i am requesting is an ability which allows the hero to "mount up", in other words one that makes a unit classed as a hover unit and flighs higher than usual to accomidate the mount between them and the floor. Also it would be great if it could be turned off. Also i want the user to be able to fight and animate whilst on these mounts, so i cannot make an ability to transform the user into the mount and attach a model of the unit on top of it.

I am pretty sure triggers will be needed so thats why im posting it here. Please help, and if you are confused about some of what i have said just ask!

2. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would look like they were standing XD.

Just use custom models :D

3. Hargoth

Hargoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Complicated, im not a good modeler. And by not good i mean uterly useless.

4. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea what Blarg said, if you ended up creating a trigger to do all that, it would probably be very tedious and not turn out well in the end, create a custom model or just find one thats close enough to what your looking for, compromise isn't fun, its a way of life.

5. Hargoth

Hargoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wait iv just come up with my own concept, the ability could be a transform ability which transforms it into a flying version of its same model but adds a model attatchment beneath it. Thanks for the two responses though.