• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paladin Mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Before reading any further, know that I have a Mounted Arthas model (Thanks to wc3player3), and I have modified the paladin to Arthas' specs.

Alright, I have tried to use the "Mount Hippogryph" ability to make my paladin mount a horse, but when he mounts the horse, the level, spells, and name do not carry over to the new unit. Is there any way to make these things carry over without making an entirely new ability?

Level 3
just make it something as is

Unit casts ability
Condition:
Abilit being cast equal to (w/e ur ability is called)
Action:
If Unit(horse) is within Range(200?) of casting unit, then create Unit (Athras Rider) at Position(Unit casting Ability)

ud need to add in a basic spell transfer trigger and experience transfer... pretty much a whole entire stat transfer... and an increase inhitpoints, movement speed, damage, or w/e
well gl

Level 11
Umm... I would suggest more than that. Probably you will want to transfer all the items and stuff which will be a pain in the a**. Anyway, you can add the unmounted hero to a game cache and take all its properties (experience, levels, skills and so on...) and give them to the mounted hero. A lot of work but its the best thing I can think of.

Level 11
Hmm... those units could be a point of transfer. Having a 6 items place you can transfer the items of the transforming hero to them, make them maybe heroes but neutral passive, and giving them the level of the transforming hero. Then you can remove the original hero and set the mounted one (or vice versa) and give him the level and the items of the first hero. oh, another thing MIGHT BE the skills. You can try to give the levels of the original hero to the dummy and then to the mounted/unmouted transformed hero. ^_^ Might work... but i never tried it!

Status
Not open for further replies.