• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with mount spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to make it so a Hero will summon a horse, then use the "Mount Hippogryph" spell to merge together with it, but it's not working. Here's what I've done:

I gave the Hero a spell based on Starfall called "Summon Felsteed". I also gave him and a horse unit called a Felsteed the Mount Felsteed and Pick Up Hero abilities. In the triggers, I made it so when you cast the Summon Felsteed spell, it summons a Felsteed, then I tried to make it so the Hero and the summoned unit right-click on eachother, then use the mounting spells. Everything works until the mounting part. The horse and the Hero just run to eachother and stop. This is my trigger:

Code:
Summon Felsteed
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Summon Felsteed 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Summon Felsteed  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (25.00, 0.00)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MarkOfChaos\MarkOfChaosTarget.mdl
                Wait 0.90 seconds
                Unit - Create 1 Felsteed for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (15.00, 0.00)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Right-Click (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Right-Click (Triggering unit)
                Wait 0.90 seconds
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Archer - Mount Hippogryph (Obsolete) (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Hippogryph - Pick Up Archer (Obsolete) (Triggering unit)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

When the Felsteed is summoned, I've tried using the "Pick Up Hero" ability, but it says "Cannot find a couple target". I've gone through the spells and made the Hero and the horse couple units, and I've specified the resulting unit, but it still doesnt seem to work. Can anyone help?

Level 6
It's the wait, I believe. Wait doesn't go along with event response units. Therefore, I suggest you create a variable for the mount and the hero.

Set Summoner = Casting Unit
Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (25.00, 0.00)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MarkOfChaos\MarkOfChaosTarget.mdl
Wait 0.90 seconds
Unit - Create 1 Felsteed for (Owner of (Summoner)) at ((Position of (Summoner)) offset by (15.00, 0.00)) facing (Facing of (Summoner)) degrees
Set Felsteed = Last Created Unit
Unit - Order (Summoner) to Right-Click (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Felsteed) to Right-Click (Summoner)
Wait 0.90 seconds
Unit - Order (Summoner) to Night Elf Archer - Mount Hippogryph (Obsolete) (Felsteed)
Unit - Order (Felsteed) to Night Elf Hippogryph - Pick Up Archer (Obsolete) (Summoner)

This part should work now. I believe the Pick Up Hero ability is screwed up from the Ability side though, not the trigger side.

Level 2
Thanks! That makes my trigger a little better, but now to fix the spell part...

http://img292.echo.cx/img292/3310/example9nm.png

That's a picture of the important values in my "Pick Up Wintermaul (The Hero)". It's the exact same thing in "Mount Felsteed" except instead of the Partner Unit being Head Deathguard, it's Felsteed. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, the Dismount spell is added to Head Deathguard (Mounted) after the Felsteed and the Hero combine (If the dang spell would work).

Status
Not open for further replies.