• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Some kind of rocky mountain by a river.
Mountain.jpg

Level 18

im not saying its bad, but im not saying its good either.

i cant really see wear the mounatin ends ...or beggins , or where the top or bottom is.

i KNOW there are better ways to make mountains. Instead of Doodads, use the terrain editor stuff. Raise and lower make better mounatins than most doodads.

Level 28
Thanks Keiji! Those clouds are really great.
So I rose the hill by the river a bit, I added a little support to the outcrop so that you can sit under it :)grin:), I made the stream a little longer and I added the clouds.

Mountain2.jpg

My computer lagg like hell in this map so it took me about 15-20 min to get those clouds in possition.

Level 4
I think know looks better, but in the river it too much rocks imo. Maybe use grass on the rocks and create rock shelf?

Level 36
no problem man. :)
I allways like to help ^^
anyways, i noticed now a more personal issue, the trees on the foreground, growing from between the rocks really bugs me. Since their so dark and the rocks are so light they make a HUGE contrast, and me not liking that :p But its no problem, I know most people dont care about contrasts... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.