• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mount Hyjal Multi-Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Mount Hyjal Multi-Player

Its been on my mind for a real long time, and now I finally put it to the paper. Its the wc3 ROC Chapter Seven Twilight of the Gods map, but now with 10 players defending Mount Hyjal. Yes, of course the maps difficulty was greatly increased now that there are 10 players, and its been interesting and fun to make so far.

Recruiting anyone who would want to join in on the map. Preferably having good map making skills and know what they are doing. Send me a email if your interested.

Still under development:

Terrain: 100%
Triggers: 60%
Heros: 100%
Ending Cinimatic: 10%

Features:

10 Players
4 Night Elf players
3 Orc Players
3 Human Players
2 Computer Players
Some new custum models, (thanks to anyone who has posted on wc3sear.chwith their custum models)
Hopefully working on new, balanced heros (not beta)
Making new items, working on spawn drops
Game lasts 45 minutes like in the Reign of Chaos map

Credits
Thanks to anyone who posts a helpful reply, made a Thrall no wolf, campaign grunt and a orc war machine model.
Thanks to the creator of Wave Blast and the creator of the Fence model

Further questions, etc? Email me at [email protected]

BETA:
Mount Hyjal 10 Player Defense

V1
Defense of Hyjal v1

Last edited:
Level 5
hey hey hey, is the like defending mount hyjal from archimonde, like in the campaign? ive always wanted to see that recreated as multiplayer, good on you!

Level 3
heh finally a reply

but yeah its the mount hyjal from the campaign, im almost done iwht it so itll be posted soon :)

Level 2
I WANT to make a 3 player version. If you could be so kind to post it somewhere? :) Goodluck on the 10p as well, seems massive. Ive got some minor experience but I reckon it's enough.

Level 3
Ok i released the Beta version of the map, everyone tell me what you think of it so far. and NO its not complete yet.

Level 2
I could help you out with putting down a few special things (Elite guards for Jaina etc.) but I suck with triggering. Could help with (purchisable?) upgrades and maybe some balancing.

The map looks absolulety fantastic. Here are some bugs you might not have been aware of :) Only positive, constructive criticism intended!

Bugs I've seen:
-Necromancer/Banshee/priest etc. not casting spells while fighting, only when not engaged (causing units to get stuck when human base was conquered)
-Human base conquered > some buildings remained up
-Heroes dont have spells after level 10
-Enemy heroes level too, Jaina etc don't
-The huge amount of units might cause gigantic lag issues with 10 player, maybe less units, but stronger ones?
-Entire map is visible, beta or intended?
-Jaina died, instead of teleport to Thrall(or didn't she do that? she teleported somewhere)

Level 21
after 20 minutes the game started lagging TERRIBLY and I left...
probably because of this: http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/1f8a95340581
My suggestion: only spawn new undeath when their food used is below 100 (or any number you like). Otherwise you might get huge armies consisting of 500 food or even more, and that's ... bad, especially when your move trigger doesn't work to well (check the screen). You should either do it like blizzard did it (sending large but less frequent waves) or smaller groups like you do now, but then make sure they don't stay in their base. Actually, the waves simply stopped when I reached the night elf base... (they kept spawning but didn't attack)

as said above, increase the level of the hero abilities (like 10 lvls for each ability, and 3 levels for the ultimate). Some abilities of heroes really aren't useful like far sight... I'd replace it.

I didn't have the problem Hybrid had with the necromancers / priests...

I started with the Far seer... didn't have the choice to pick another hero... try fixing that. (and when you're fixing that, also add the 4th hero for the humans and orcs). Also, when I went to the Night Elf shop (in the Night Elf base) the warden (and the warden only) suddenly started attacking me... I know my face isn't pretty, but eh... that was odd...

As I suggested above: undeathwaves (as well as orc/human/NE waves) should have a maximum unit count. But I'd also like to see maximum unit-type counts: The human base mainly died because of 3 knights taking all the damage and 20 rifleman doing nothing but sleeping on the battlefield. When those 3 knights died, the riflemen were annihilated quite quickly, and that resulted in the human base being destroyed. My suggestion? keep track of the number of knights / riflemen / priests / ... and balance your reinforcements.

A last point would be difficulty: I only tested this map on my own, so I can't know if this is already implemented, but when I was fighting with 1 hero, things were quite difficult. I can imagine that the map would be do-able if there were 3 players... But then I wonder: if there are 10 players playing, I believe this map would actually be far too easy
I can be wrong though

The above is meant to be constructive

Level 2
Yes we know it's a beta ^^ And I do agree, even alone I could hold out a bit with the Far seer so with 10 people assisting (even though that would result into less experience, I got to level10 in 2/3 minutes)it would still be imba ;) But hey, balancing issues are for mid-end beta. And i'm quite sure that no skellies were spawned, as I saw 50k corpses but saw all necro auto-attack.

Level 21
true but the leveling doesn't have ALOT of effect after level 10, so basically you would get 10 players at level 10 quite fast (especially cause the killing also went alot faster)

Now that you mention it, no skeletons were spawned indeed. However, the priests did heal.

I bet you're right about balancing issues, but I really think the spawning system should be changed first...

Oh and Jaina teleported away... but not to Thrall, in fact she teleported to nowhere (just like Thrall teleported to no specific area)

Level 2
It's just like the campaign ;) Defend mount Hyjal from Archimonde. I guess that map your talking about was also made with the idea of the campaign

Level 3
So this is gonna be kinda like that Defend Mount Olmypus map?

Its not really like that, ive never played the olmypus map but i heard its fun. this is more warcraft lore based and its from the actual blizzard campaigns, just converted to a 10 man player setting and some new stuff is being introduced into it.

im working on all bug fixes like the mass pile up at the second scourge base, in development of making new items, custum heros, start cinimatic and a better end cinimatic, and maybe a bit harder since it is 10 people playing.

Ill post up newest Beta as fast as i can.

Level 3
Alright! I have finished v1 of this map!

Updates from BETA:
Custum items at vendor
9 levels or regular abilities, 3 levels for ultamites
Fixed priest and necromancer spell casting
Balanced map for 10 people
New, custum abilities for Archimonde (more powerful)
Made the three mini Scourge bosses to lv60, instead of lv40-43
Fixed food limit system

Have fun, the v1 is at my first post

Level 2
So am I :) Keep up the good work. I'm still a tad laggy though, but I guess it's just my crappy computer

Status
Not open for further replies.