• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mount&Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I didn't saw any topic related to it so i though of making one xD

So anyway what do you think of this game?For people who doesn't know it's a it is a game made by talewords where you are a person(lord,hunter,bandit) who is set uppon a fictional medieval set land named Calradia with a number of kingdoms with kings and lords,all battling for supremacy

You get to edit your character once you start your game by a series of questions which you need to answers, there shall set the past of your character,and after you can edit your portrait and stats

Once you start the game you start in a random place with basic equipment as the person u chose to be, and you will get to fight bandits, looters, hire mercenaries, buy stuff from merchants in cities, and do quests.Later one,once you get enough renown you can become the lord of a kingdom by declaring vassalage to a king

So i wonder, what do you guys think of it?and those who played, what awesome things u did in the game?

Also there are a very large number of mods which completely overhauls the gameplay, my favorite is the Native Expansion and Khergit Khanate ROCKZ!

Level 11
Yes true,but i didn't played the multiplayer 1, i mean warband as i don't have the minimum reqs for it, i only play 1.013 or 1.011 and even those lag when there are huge number of guys on the battlefield -.- but still lag doesn't stops me to play it

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I bought Mount&Blade: Warband a while back after suggestion from someone, but I never got around to installing it, so I don't know what to think of it yet. Just thought I'd mention I have it. :d

Level 37
Warband is like an upgraded version of the original, with a lot of new things and the game-play improved. And then there's that "Diplomacy Mod" that makes it even more advanced.

Fire & Blade is like another game already: a new map, new weapons and new factions. However... There are some guns and pistols... Those I don't like. I prefer bows and crossbows.

I really recommend trying Warband. It's really fun and enjoyable game.

Level 11
Warband was easily my favorite, especially with the multiplayer's cRPG mod

each match felt so realistic and knowing that u get actual xp and gold to use them on skill points and armor/weapons for you to use in other matches made it that much better

it really was a pvp rpg :p

Level 27
Whoa i seriously never tried this out because i thought it was something different... i will check this out... modded btw because i cant take the original graphics ^^

EDIT: Well it has no background music which makes travelling utterly boring and i feel totally no immersion because every city looks dead... and whenever i decide to attack with my party they get slaugthered. and the pace of the game is so slow, plus that the battle system with swinging swords and all is funny but it doesn't work because you have to get way to close and i always end up riding them over instead of getting a good hit. So meh... i really like the idea though.

Last edited:
Level 11
Whoa i seriously never tried this out because i thought it was something different... i will check this out... modded btw because i cant take the original graphics ^^

EDIT: Well it has no background music which makes travelling utterly boring and i feel totally no immersion because every city looks dead... and whenever i decide to attack with my party they get slaugthered. and the pace of the game is so slow, plus that the battle system with swinging swords and all is funny but it doesn't work because you have to get way to close and i always end up riding them over instead of getting a good hit. So meh... i really like the idea though.

Actually it has a background music, dunno why it doesn't shows at you...And try hunting looters who have almost no armour so u won't get owned so quickly in the game, and for the money, try going from town to town, signing in tournaments and betting on yourself :p
And don't worry about the combat system, it couldn't be a better 1 for the game in my opinion :D, but no problem, u will get used to it :p

Well the problem is that you use the mouse to look around but also to make a swing, which feels weird. Especially when you want to swing to the left while mounted...

You can set that to choose swing direction with keyboard (at least in warband), however when you get used to mouse directioning you may find you easier.

And for money, the cheapest thing is to trade between cities, best done at early game, don't make a big army so you are faster, but when you level your pathfinding, you can have big army enough for bandits to avoid you.

Status
Not open for further replies.