• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Morph spell problem (with simple triggers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a problem. I have a hero a whose ultimate spell is a passive ability that morphs hero a into hero b, that works at night only. I coudln't find any good way to morph but using "Unit - Replace a with b using <c> life and mana". Problem is, spent hero skill points became unspent. (A and b have the same hero abilities.) If it matters, b has two unit abilities added, one of them is Shadowmeld, the other is an edited item ability that adds bonus to stats. Do you know how to fix, please?

Edit: D'oh, I posted in the wrong forum.

Level 4
You could try to add the metamorphosis, or any transform unit spell, to your hero when clock reach night and active it with a trigger. I think it could work.

Level 8
You could try to add the metamorphosis, or any transform unit spell, to your hero when clock reach night and active it with a trigger. I think it could work.

Ah, I get it. Only problem now is that a Metamorphosis icon would just appear, making the player think "What the waffles?".
Perhaps I can add a dummy unit with the Metamorphosis ability, but target's 'hero' instead of 'self'.

I think I can use Dark Conversion for that one.

Edit: Dark Conversion didn't work either, it removed all hero skill points, spent or not...

Edit: Metamorphosis will be fine, I don't care if there's an icon there anymore. But how can I do so that there's no timer bar, as the player knows it's activated at night, always at night, aand the whole night.

Last edited:
Level 5
Ah, I get it. Only problem now is that a Metamorphosis icon would just appear, making the player think "What the waffles?".
Perhaps I can add a dummy unit with the Metamorphosis ability, but target's 'hero' instead of 'self'.

I think I can use Dark Conversion for that one.

Edit: Dark Conversion didn't work either, it removed all hero skill points, spent or not...

Edit: Metamorphosis will be fine, I don't care if there's an icon there anymore. But how can I do so that there's no timer bar, as the player knows it's activated at night, always at night, aand the whole night.

try using variable, when the night comes, save your original hero in the variable then use morphing trigger and save the morphed hero into another variable this way, you can save your stats.

If you don't want a time bar, you could use the druid of claw skill morphing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.