• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] MORPG - Classic RTS - RPG hybrid [MMO]

State your opinion!

• Use third person camera

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Use isometric camera

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hello.

I just want to share the development of my new MMORPG (personal) project, which is based on my unfinished map project here, MORPG. For now I will use the same name but it's might be a subject to change later. The concept is pretty much the same, with two key differences: MMO (open world) & no multi-race.

I'm planning to have one massive open world. The target platform is android, so open world will be quite a challenge. It's still very early in development though (started 21 Nov 2019).

Screenshots:

- Graphic style
1_-_Copy_2.1.jpg

- Units preview
ss1.jpg

- Currently making the world editor (which is also inspired by our WE)
ss3.jpg

- 3D pathing system
ss2.jpg

- Account registration system is all done but not so worth showing off. Here's the activation email preview (YEAH I STEAL HIVE DESIGN).
blur.jpg

Still can't decide to use third person view to emphasize its fantasy RPG feel or isometric view to emphasize the classic RTS feel though.

I also have a thread back at indiedb. Specific details about the game and concept are available there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.