• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
How do I reveal the map to everyone?

How do I make an Icon that works like the default ones (aka Move, attack) (they change colours depending on the race)? - (I have this 76x76 .dds image, and I want it to have that border like all the other icons)

How do I make my own buildings that my custom worker can build?

Last edited:
Level 22
Again triggers:

• MeleeInitialization
    • Events
      • TriggerAddEventMapInit()
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • VisEnable(c_visTypeMask, false)
      • VisEnable(c_visTypeFog, false)
Here is what I noticed: If you make a BMP that doesnt use alpha channel and convert it to DDS then use it as an icon, the icon will not have those borders displayed. So your icon must have alpha channel - in fact, make a transparent icon and add your image on it to fit SC2 icons, then it will have a border. Image can be any size btw no need to resize it to 76x76

In order to render your icon the colors of the race in the Data editor for say an ability: Click on some ability e.g Blink Zeratul, on the treeunder the ability you will see

Zeratul Blink
----Actors
Buttons
---Blink - click this and on the right you will see Icon, below Name below Tint by Race - this is what makes an icon the color of the race if ticked or the original colors of your icon if unticked

For starter go to 'abilities' and say SCV Build or your custom unit should have that ability list there on the right and replace the units on that fields on the right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.