• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More questions about workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1.jpg

> Is there any way to change the text marked with the yellow BOX without changing the unit's classification? Sorry I had to use an image, I had trouble explaining my question in one sentence without using that.

> How do I change the build icon and its tooltip? I have found nothing in the object editor, changing the "Icon-Command-Basic Structure(Undead)" doesn't seem to work and I can't find anything else to change.

Hope I get some quick answers soon. :)

Level 30
1. Not so sure but on changing the text marked as yellow you mean changings its hotkey also? I do think it cannot be changed directly to WE but in MPQ maybe or messing in the wc3. Not so sure though.

2. For the second one, same also as my answer above. The ability of Build does not show on OE which is our only way of changing stuffs in it so your last solution might be going to MPQ and changing it if there is though.

Ok, MAYBE this but all build icon in game will be affected. Try exporting Build icon in wc3 if there is and then edit it and import to MPQ again. No

Level 25
For the undead classification (yellow box)
- Game Interface -> "Text - Unit Classification - Undead"

make sure you check the field "Use Custom Game Interface" so you can modify it.

edit: now I see the game interface does not change undead building icon... will take a look at it later.

Level 6
Ok for the hotkey..
Go to war3.mpq go to Units > CustomFunc.txt

For the tooltips
Go to war3.mpq go to Units > CustomStrings.txt

For the icon.. this is what i could suggest..

Import a new icon... change the file path to file path of the undead build icon...

Status
Not open for further replies.