• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

custom interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
how to change the tooltip (name&description) of Hero Abilities?

i found the place where i could change the icon of that command button (red cross icon), but i dint find where i could change the text.

i believe its similar to changing the text of other command buttons (attack, stop, patrol, etc). is it even possible? where does blizzard keep that text?

75412d1266146316-custom-interface-hero.jpg

Last edited:
Level 28
maybe i can import that txt into my map and MAYBE it can be used in map that way. maybe.
Yes... that's how it works.
It's the same system as war3mapMisc.txt, war3mapExtra.txt and war3mapSkin.txt: import a file named "Units\CommandStrings.txt" in your map with all the info.

Note 1: all other tooltips will be gone, unless you also set them up in that file.
Note 2: Errors are also in that file, so they will also be gone unless you add them.

Either way, I've attached a text-file with all original strings to this post (about 11kB).

Attachments

• CommandStrings.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 995
Level 28
EDIT: is it correct, that it will override those values set in the "custom interface" option too? i mean that of world editor.
As far as I know:
war3mapExtra.txt overrides the sky/fog.
war3mapSkin.txt overrides the game interface.
war3mapMisc overrides the gameplay constants.
Units\CommandStrings.txt erases and replaces the errors and command buttons.

(with erase & replace, I mean that Attack will become "No tooltip" if you import that file without the attack-command, while all the other text-files will leave everything standard except the values you've set, so you don't need to insert all values in the other ones).

I am not 100% sure, but that's what I believe at least :p
Uhm... to be sure, I've attached a huge file to this post that includes all these files (I put this together a while ago, might be useful as you can also change the font, loading screen text and a lot of other stuff with it :p).

There's a small tutorial on top of the text-file, read that if you don't know how to use it :D

(You probably don't need all of this

Attachments

• war3mapThings.txt
    50.8 KB · Views: 745
Status
Not open for further replies.