• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morale System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
alright, so i am working on one, it is done, but will probably be tweaked as the map it is on is tested more, that deals with unit morale.

it is loosely based off of the upkeep system, with addition.

something along the lines of, as your unit count increases, the chance a unit will defect, increases.

the unit will take with it a small amount of gold + lumber, and will switch sides on the spot.

(local) hero death, (high percentage) unit losses, and enemy spells, heroes, and armies all add, or subtract from the morale of your troops.

a playable test map is in the works, but that is the basic groundwork^

how does that seem to everyone?

Level 22
doesnt make too much sense. why would increasing ur unit amount decrease army morale? hell, it should raise it.

And defecting is a lame idea in my opinion, i think making them lose nearly all combat effectiveness is better i.e:
Unit goes coward, he loses 90% attack damage, -110% armor, but increased movespeed since he's more willing to get awway from the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.