1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Monter2 v1.1.10

Submitted by n00b
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
- A blatant Dark Souls ripoff for Warcraft III -
Latest Update: Demon Ruins

Fanmade wiki created by EdgeOfChaos
Videos detailing Monter2's development

SUMMARY

• Gameplay
    Gameplay is focused on exploration, challenging boss fights, and simply killing stuff.
    There are many secrets and such to discover, since the explorable area is quite large.
    This game does not have a storyline.
  • Combat system
    Monter2 uses a hack-and-slash combat system inspired by Monster Hunter and Dark Souls.
    There are currently five weapon classes - sword, hammer, spear, axe, and bow.
    Enemies also utilize the combat system, each with their own unique behaviors.
  • Game length
    In a typical playthrough, about 4 to 5 hours.
    It is possible to complete the game in less than an hour, however.
  • Solo and co-op
    Enemy health is adjusted according to the number of players present, making the game
    suitable for solo and co-op play.
  • Other features
    Monter2 uses custom animations which were made for this game specifically.
    This game also uses an original soundtrack.

CRE
DITS

-Models-

-=Emergenzy=-
Balrog
Callahan
Celestea
Chriz.
communist_orc
Deolrin
dhguardianes
Dionesiist
eubz
Forgotten_Warlord
HammerFist132
HappyTauren
hellblazer-14
Herio-san
imforfun
JesusHipster
JetFangInferno
Judash

Kino
Kitabatake
Land-Sengklek
Lord_T
nGy
olofmoleman
PeeKay
Power
Radagast
RightField
s4nji
Sunchips
sunwarrior25
The_Silent
Thrikodius
TLI-Inferno
UgoUgo
WhiteDeath
Various UTM contributors

-Systems-

Bribe
Tom Jones
moyack
Vexorian
TriggerHappy
`

-Icons-

CRAZYRUSSIAN
`

-Music-

n00b

Contents

Monter2 v1.1.10 (Map)

1. Yeah, camera unlocking in boss fights is super annoying. I think if he fixes that, the cam would be fine - no need to remove locking. I believe he had plans to fix the unlocking eventually.

2. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    since I haven't updated this shit in ages, here's some news for the whole 3 people who follow this thread:
    • you can find v1.0.4 if you know where to look, which has a new weapon that is based on the final boss weapon. It's not legitimately obtainable yet, but will be in the following version
    • v1.0.4 also contains a bunch of other minor changes; most notably, it makes Retreating Thrust actually not total shit if I recall
    • I am planning on adding a new area that is after the Flame Guardian, but it will be forever stuck in the preliminary planning stage because I'm a lazy fucko
    • other additions that I plan on adding in the long term: a Magic Golem hammer with a unique ultimate (hell I could probably release this weapon in next ver), an actual spear ult™, possibly an INT-based bow with a unique ultimate, perfection challenge if I don't completely forget about it, maybe some other bullshit I'm forgetting
    • literally took me 5 seconds to extend the lockon range, so expect that in v1.0.5
    that's pretty much it, I'll see you guys in 20XX for the next version release

3. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Minor update after like 3 months lmao.......

This update includes two new weapons which are based off of the movesets of their respective bosses. The Dark Sword is the sword that the final boss wields, and the Magic Hammer is based off of the Magic Golem. These weapons are supposed to be rewards for beating hard mode bosses, but since neither of these bosses have hard modes yet, there is a vendor that temporarily sells these weapons.

Don't ask why, but the vendor is hidden as fuck. Here's how you find it:
    1. Defeat the Ancient Viper, or load a character that has already cleared Ancient Viper
    2. Have a torch equipped
    3. Go to the Ancient Viper boss room. Go to the right side of the room, following the black marble path, and you will see a ghost selling the weapons

P.S. both weapons cost 13 Life Essences, defeat some ez bosses so you can afford them

Edit: also, here are some weapon showcase videos by LyunAvine:

Finally, here's the changelog:

v1.0.5

• Added weapon: Magic Hammer
    • Added weapon: Dark Sword
    • Maximum lockon distance increased
    • Reduced damage of Evading Volley
    • Increased damage required to activate the Evading Volley skill
    • Medium Heal now must be unlocked to use High Heal
    • Curved Blade scaling reduced to +5 WPN/AGI
    • Life Arrows now deal damage
    • Life Arrow healing amount is now displayed as floating text
    • Animation speed of Retreating Thrust increased
    • It is now possible to combo Retreating Thrust into a Quick Stab
    • Retreating Thrust now has invulnerability frames at the start of its animation
    • The player will no longer automatically face his lockon target when using Charge (the spear skill)
    • Fixed bug where Quick Stab could hit multiple times on the second thrust
    • Increased damage of the Quick Stab skill
    • Fixed bug where the Battle Emblem's bonus damage would not be removed properly when unequipping
    • Players can no longer switch weapons during attack animations
    • Fixed bug where players could use the Claw Gloves while aiming with the bow

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  4. LyunAvine

LyunAvine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot! I know you are lazy asf but still, thanks for the effort! ^^

5. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    1)Is it possible to add a command to -enable/disable fog?

2)Is it possible to add descriptions for STR and AGI ? (which weapons' dmg they increase).

3)A board that will include all the existing statistics would be cool as well. A more complete RPG experience. :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  6. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    probably, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that

weapon scaling is already shown in the item descriptions

I should probably do this, considering there used to be a statistics window in early versions of the game (which I removed for some reason :ccool:)

Aside from cool factor, it would also be useful for viewing 'invisible' stats like stun endurance, weapon power, weight, and maybe some other things I'm forgetting

7. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Regarding fog.
    I said this for another map as well but i think it makes no difference.
    I do understand the fog can be a part of a game's atmosphere and all, but its simply more tiring for the eyes since it isnt a clear imagine... Take Tkok ORPG for example, u would rarely encounter a person who would NOT use -fog off command. Maybe younger ppl have no issues but i think many of us already play many games and already have issues with our eyes.

Regarding STR/AGI descriptions
    What if AGI increases spears' dmg but u havent found a spear, yet you want to make a build with spear as weapon choice and instead of AGI you increase STR.
    Its just makes more sense for each attribute to have its own full description.

/peace

8. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fair enough, I'll implement this later then (aka a million years from now)

It mostly comes down to my personal choice of not wanting to spoil what weapons there are in the game inside the stat tooltips. Stat scaling is just something you need to know beforehand, or something that you can ask another player about. Or if somebody wants to try to add weapon information to the wiki that'd be cool, but that seems like a pipe dream :ugly:

9. I added all items onto the wiki. Wikia killed my formatting so, it's pretty bad. Items

10. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a bit lackluster, but it gets the job done. I also don't think including unobtainable items is necessary, since I have no intention of adding some of those items to the game at all (probably); that said, it would be more appropriate to put them in the Unavailable Content page instead

if you're wondering why I'm not adding/editing stuff to the wiki myself, that's because it would kind of go against the spirit of a fan-made wiki

of course, you obviously have no obligation to work on something that should be driven purely by fan interest (if there is even such a thing for this game hohoho), but the wiki is a bit lacking in certain areas:
    • there isn't an article on the Bandit and Bandit Lord
    • the descriptions of how to obtain items in the items article are rather vague
    • the strategy in the Ancient Viper article is semi-obsolete due to the sword's jump attack spammability being reduced
    • tbh all items in the game should be included, not just equippable items; they should also be in individual articles and not on just a single page
    • the wiki has no images at all so it looks really bland; you could probably dump your boss fight videos in the boss articles if you wanted to
    • this article isn't linked anywhere and is kind of undetailed
    I honestly don't expect anyone to do any of this, but if there's anyone autistic enough to step up to the plate then that would be gr8

the wiki has some neato and underappreciated boss guides though T b q h

11. Inthebag

Inthebag

Resources:
    Resources:
    Loved the map, something i was searching for while i can't play dark souls atm, but damn i never thought it was even possible to create a whole new battle system in warcraft 3, it should've took you guys lots of time to do so. Just well done. Would love for some extra areas and awesome content to replace those empty spaces around the map :D

12. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if the map works properly considering the latest blizzard's update.....

13. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad you enjoyed it, lad

Although this game is currently stuck in hiatus hell, I honestly do plan on adding optional side areas/bosses/etc., but for now all these ideas are either trapped inside my head or some notepad file. Maybe I'll actually get on my ass and start working on this game during the summer

also i'm the only one working on this map, which would explain why i'm a slow fuck :aa:

I haven't even patched my wc3 yet so I wouldn't know, I imagine certain things are fucked though i.e. stuff related to order IDs

if anyone has played monter post-patch feel free to tell me if there are any problems with it

14. Inthebag

Inthebag

Resources:
    Resources:
    b-but i thought those credits are people that at least contributed with some sides of construction of this map :(

Also yeah, the map does still work after the bnet patch

15. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most of the 'outside' contributions to this map are publicly available resources

That said, 99% of the people in the credits aren't even directly related to this map's development and probably don't even know this map exists :cool:2

:infl_thumbs_up:

16. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ded game

17. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice video map is really nice too

18. LyunAvine

LyunAvine

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's still a good game to play once in a while :)

19. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :infl_thumbs_up:

well hopefully i'll give you guys an actual reason to play this shit again - i'll be forcing myself to terrain the new area in the upcoming days:razz::razz:

coming soon™

20. New areas are the dream :O

And that new weapon class looks pretty creative. Cool skills. Are there multiple Axes, or just one?