• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster World - Rise of Man Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Monster World - Rise of Man

This is the place where I will be posting all the info about releases, updates and working status

This thread contains information about:
The Story, in the Map
The Map in Numbers, some numbers about the Map
The Main Features in the Map
Special Features in the Map
The Systems in the Map
Features to Come to the Map
Complete, how far the map is from complete
Currently working on, what im currently working on
Story:

The Story in Monster World - Rise of Man is seperated into 3 stories
The First story is the story from which I got the idea of makeing Monster World is from the Table Role Playing Game (TRPG) named Monster World from Yu-Gi-Oh, you can read about it in the 6th and 7th Book of Yu-Gi-Oh

Original Monster World Story
The story is all about these fighters who have to traveling towards Zork's Castle to free the kingdom of him. Along their way they meet a young priest but I wont talk to much about him becous he is a part of the real story and dosent really have much to do with the game. Anyway they fight monsters lvl up bla, bla and then they come to the castel and of course defeat the evil Zork.
When I was going to make this into a Warcraft 3 map I dident want one of the primary things in the table game. The thing was that you had to roll 2 dices 1 counting 10's and 1 1's so that it could be between 0-100, the number you got decides how strong your monster is.. This would really be interesting to add but when I first started the map I had almost no knowledge to the World Editor so I hadent even begun triggering.

Il maybe, just maybe add some sort of mini-game with this concept later but I wont use it in the game itself

First Story
First Story comming soon
Power of the Fallen King Story
Power of The Fallen King Story
Guardian Story
Guardian Story
Ice Age Story
Ice Age Story

Rise of Man Story
Rise of Man Story

Map in Numbers:

Map in Numbers
Size: Epic
Max lvl 200
30 Heros
300 Abilites
200 Units-types
2000 Units pre-made
200 Items
11 ''Instances''
9 ''Mini-Instances''
Main Features
The Map is a ORPG for 7 players which tells a story about a world who has long been ruled by terror and violence,
first the Dark King came and took over the land and right after he was killed the Lich King arrived.
Now that both these terrifying enemies have been destroyed Mankind can finally
flurish, and they do so by building the largest city ever built, the Admiratio Urbs (Latin for Wonder City)
This is a little bit about the story of Rise of Man and you will be doing quests for the villagers in the
diffrent cities becous now that the leaders of the monsters have died they are out of controll.

For all of the 10 cities there are 10 quests and all have to be completed to gain the next town's quests.

Quests

All the Quests in Monster World has a story behind it, some a small and simple story like:
Code:
I was out on my farm yesterday when I was attacked by some goblins. 
They destroyed my crops and I want you to punish them.
Or detailed stories from multiple quests and maybe your own actions.

The easiest and simplest quests are the 1st ones you get in the 1st Town
There are alot of Quest types, but in the 1st town only 2 types:
Q1: Kill X Amount of Unit-Type
Q2: Kill a certain person, like a Boss

At lvl 1 you get a Q1 type and when you finish it and lvl up to lvl 2 you can choose the Q2.
At lvl 3 you get a Q1 again and then a Q2 when you get to lvl 4, and so it goes on till lvl 10

Current Quests:

Lvl 1:
Name: Goblin Punishment
Objektiv: Kill 10 Goblins of lvl 1,2 or 3
Reward: Wood Sheild, 10 Gold and 150 Exp

Lvl 2:
Name: Goblin Leader
Objektiv: Kill the Goblin King
Reward: Long Sword, 20 Gold and 250 Exp

Lvl 3:
Name: Troll Punishment
Objektiv: Kill 10 Trolls of lvl 1,2,3,4,5 or 6
Reward: Mana Ring, 30 Gold and 400 Exp

Lvl 4:
Name: Troll Leader
Objektiv: Kill the Troll Cheif
Reward: Iron Helm, 40 Gold and 600 Exp

Lvl 5:
Name: Gnoll Punishment
Objektiv: Kill 10 Gnolls Warriors and 3 Gnoll Berserkers
Reward: Armor of Health, 50 Gold and 1000 Exp

Lvl 6:
Name: Gnoll Leader
Objektiv: Kill Zulrok, the Gnoll Leader
Reward: Ring of Duelling, 60 Gold and 1500 Exp

If you finish all these quests you get all the items you need to fill up your inventory, after this its just about finding some better items

Lvl 7:
Name: ???
Objektiv: ???
Reward: ???

Lvl 8:

Lvl 9:

Lvl 10:

In the 2nd Town you get more advanced quests including more detailed stories.

Comming Soon...

In the 3rd Town you get really hard quests sometimes requiering help from other players to complete, these gives extrodinary rewards

Comming soon...

In the 4th and Final Town Admiratio Urbs you get the most difficult quests and get the absolut ultimate rewards

Comming Soon...

Your hero can lvl up to lvl 200 and along the way theres tons of ''unlocks''
Lvl 20: You can enter the 2nd City
Lvl 50: You can enter the Death Arena (check Special Features -> Death Arena)
Lvl 60: You can enter the 3rd City
Lvl 70: You get a Ground Mount
Lvl 100: You can fight against your friends in the Battleground(check Special Features -> Battleground)
Lvl 120: You get a Flying Mount
Lvl 140: You can enter the 4th City
Lvl 170: You can receive special quests in Admiratio Urbs
Lvl 200: ???:razz:

And at these lvls you get the following Powerups:

Powerups
Lvl 10 +30 to all stats
Lvl 30 +100 to all stats
Lvl 50 +250 to all stats
Lvl 70 +400 to all stats
Lvl 100 +500 to all stats
Lvl 120 +700 to all stats
Lvl 150 +1000 to all stats
Lvl 200 +2500 to all stats

So it isent borring to lvl up the 200 lvls and as I strongly doubt you'll want to lvl up all 200 in one day
you can save your hero when your done and countinue later by loading him (Check Systems -> Save/Load System)

Special Features
Battleground (PvP)
Death Arena
Custom Attachments
Custom Unit Models
Custom Icons
Music
Multiboard
Special Bossbattles... not just a buffed up unit

Battleground

The Battleground is a PvP area for players above lvl 100
PvP means Player vs Player and enables you to attack your allies, test your strenght and see who is the stronger one
If you kill a player in the battleground you get bounty (for more info on bounty check ''Systems'' then ''Bounty System'')
The Battleground is primarely meant for fun but I will add more features to it soon, includeing a tournament

Death Arena

The Death Arena is a arena for players over lvl 50 (may rise to 100) where there are currently 3 units, these units all give Death Points
Death Points are ''lumber'' and are used to buy the best purchaseable items on the map.
The items in the Death Arena cost from 8 DP to 1000 DP,
The Death Unit, the weakest but still extremly strong unit gives 2 DP Respawn Time: 30 Sec
The Devil Unit, a really really strong unit gives 30 DP and Respawn Time: 60 Sec
The Lord of Chaos is almost unbeatable but if you do beat him you get 100 DP Respawn Time: 600 Sec

Custom Attachments

In this map I have custom attachments and for those who dont know what it is I simply say its a visible item
Normal Map Example: You pick up a item called ''Sword'' it gives 30+ attack.. thats it
My Map Example: You pick up a item called ''Sword'' it gives 30+ attack and when you pick it up your hero holds it in his hand!

A sword is of course not the only attachment I have at the moment I have

Sword, Mace, Shield, Staff, Wand, Bow, Orb, Armor, Helm, Shoulder Pad, Wings, and some :)

Custom Unit Models

I have some Custom Unit Models but due to their large size I dont have manny of them. The Models I import are usually used to important bosses or important persons in the story, I dont waste map size

Picture comming soon

Picture comming soon

Picture comming soon

Multiboard

I have a Multiboard in my map and for those who dont know what it is its a box in the upper right corner of the screen which shows important information and in my case its

Player Name
Class
Level
Gold
Death Points
Bounty

Special Bossbattles

By saying that theres special bossbattles in my map I mean that it isent just a buffed up unit who you have to stand and slash on for 10 min
I just recently started on makeing the boss battles and until now I have made 2 and is soon starting on the 3rd
This is a simple example on a special boss battle (will of course get better later)
1st Stage
Attack Demon God and get his 140.000 HP down to 100.000

2nd Stage
Trigger: 100.000 HP

The Demon God teleports out of reach and starts to use flame strikes, evade them (An average hero can take 3 hits), after 20 sec or 30 flame strikes the Demon God teleports back

3rd Stage
Trigger: 60.000 HP

The Demon God teleports out of reach and summons 4 Demon Guards, defeat them to continue

4th Stage
Trigger: 25.000 HP

The Demon God heals 100.000 HP and transforms (Turns red and gets x2 the size, only visible changes)

5th Stage
Trigger: 100.000 HP
Condition: Has healed himself

The Demon Guard teleports out of reach and starts to use flame strike, evade them (An average hero can take 2 hits), after 20 sec or 40 flame strikes the Demon God teleports back

6th Stage
Trigger: 60.000 HP
Condition: Has healed himself

The Demon God teleports out of reach and summons 10 Demon Guards, defeat them to continue

7th Stage
Trigger: ???
Condition: ???

I am planning on makeing a 7th stage since its a bit borring to take 60.000 damage and nothing happens in between

I Hope you get the concept of the special boss fights but of course the boss fights will be better than this, though this is what I am currently useing on one of the bosses

Systems
Hero Revive System:

This is the revive system and when you die in the game you can either
Instantly revive in town but pay an amount of gold
Wait 60 sec and revive in your nearest town
This may be deleted later but currently you can revive at the place you died after waiting 60 sec (not able to instantly)

Monster Respawn System

Im currently useing a verry simple respawn system which spawns the monster at the place it died after a 5 min wait, the bosses and the units inside the instance respawn after an hour and the played a noticed when this happens

Equipment System:

This system lets you wear
1 Main-hand, (Sword, Mace, Staff, etc.)
1 Off-hand, (Shield, Duel-wielding, may be some orbs/spellbooks later)
1 Armor,
1 Helmet,
2 Rings,
1 Special
This is 7 in total so you have to choose if you want 2 rings or 1 ring and 1 special, this isent the final item system but will be used for a while

Save/load System:

I hope most of you know what a save/load system is but if you dont know what it is then heres a bit about them:
Save/load systems makes you able to ''save'' your hero and ''load'' it in your next game.
You get a code when you type -save and that code contains all the information about your hero and when you type -load and then your code in the next game it makes the process in revert

Damage Detection

This system shows the damage dealt in ''floating text'' so that you can see what you dealt on every hit and not just critical

Bounty System

The Bounty system is a small system I made to give the players a bit extra money.
All players have their own bounty and the bounty is increased by following:
Monster Kill: +1 Bounty Monster Die (Die to a common monster): -25 Bounty
Death Kill: +25 Death Die: -50
Player Kill: +100 Player Die: -150
Devil Kill: +100 Devil Die: -200
Lord of Chaos: +250 Lord of Chaos Die: -500

Features to Come:
Features left to come
Balanced heros
100 more items
Balanced hero lvling (not to easy or hard monsters)
Tournament (PvP)
Something more to the Battleground.. currently unknown what
Currently trying to get mount to work ;)
Features left to come [Completed]
Save/Load System

Complete:
Complete
Terrain: |||||||
Systems: ||||||
Units: ||||||
Items: ||||
Heros: ||||||||
Events: ||
Quests: |||
Death Arena: |||||||||
Battleground: |||||
Other: ||||
Total: 54/100

Currently working on::

Im currently working on the quests and other small features.

Recruiting:
Beta testers, also need some simple models :)

Thanks to:

Thanks to
Trolman for alot of terraining help :D
General Frank for alot of the models used in the map
Will be added more soon...
Final Release: Sometime in summer :D

Last edited:
Level 3
I changed the Interface of the thread so that I can put more info
into it without you haveing to scroll down the page for 2 min to find
what you are looking for, there will be added more information soon :)
Diabloj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.