• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Winter is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
WpnDO79.png

(If you are interested in helping me do a multiplayer test run please send me a PM. I would appreciate it a lot as I haven't had the chance to do so yet)

Hello, this will be my first proper map submission on Hive. I'm no expert at this, and there is always room for a lot of improvement. This is a little hero adventure I have been working on for a couple of weeks now.

It is best played with two players, and will be very difficult to complete alone without dying a lot. It is far from complete, and the finished version will feature a lot more side quests, six complete heroes, (maybe) alternative endings and more.

You play as lost bounty hunters in an unknown frozen land. You were hunting a bounty in a mountain cave when suddenly the cave collapsed, leaving you no choice other than exiting the cave on the wrong side of the mountain. Your objective is getting away from the land you have ended up in.

You can choose between 6 different heroes, all with each their unique ultimate spell. Some of the heroes have been more streamlined to fit their themes (warlock and mage).

Hero selection:

TU5p85y.jpg

Heroes:

Warrior (tank):

• Thunder Clap (required lvl 1)
  • Devotion Aura (required lvl 1)
  • Shockwave (required lvl 3)
  • Thor's Might (required lvl 10)

• Thunder clap = standard
  • Devotion aura = standard
  • Shockwave = standard
  • Thor's might = "The warrior calls upon the heavenly forces to shoot hammers and lightning bolts in all directions. Each hit deals 400 damage and the lightning jumps to up to 10 times."
v8gcZw2.png

Barbarian (tank):

-----NOT READY-----

Druid (support):

• Rejuvenation (required lvl 1)
  • Thorn's Aura (required lvl 1)
  • Healing Wards (required lvl 3)
  • Spirits of Nature (required lvl 6)
  • Treant Explosion (required lvl 10)

• Rejuvenation = standard + restore mana
  • Thorn's aura = standard
  • Healing Wards = Healing wards + wards can cast abolish magic and lightning shield
  • Spirits of Nature = locust swarm with green missile model
  • Treant explosion = "Summons four treants that heals all nearby heroes before they charge target unit and blows it up. Damages 400 per treant to close enemies and 200 to enemies outside range 100."
81PxArP.png

Monk (support):

-----NOT READY-----

Mage (dps):

• Fireball (required lvl 1)
  • Frost Blast (required lvl 1)
  • Arcane Explosion (required lvl 3)
  • Evocation (required lvl 6)
  • Elemental Barrage (required lvl 10)

Mage has no auto attack, only spells

• Fireball = quick fire spell, 1 second cooldown
  • Frost blast = quick frost spell, 1 second cooldown
  • Arcane explosion = AoE spell, 2 second cooldown
  • Evocation = Heals 10% of max HP per second for 10 seconds
  • Elemental Barrage = "Summons a portal that shoots elemental spells at all nearby enemy units. Each spell does 50 cold, fire or magic damage, according to what kind of spell is shot. "
Dc7yEm0.jpg

Blood Warlock (dps):

• Bolt of blood (required lvl 1)
  • Blood Magic (required lvl 1)
  • Blood Ritual (required lvl 3)
  • Blood Brothers (required lvl 6) ----- SPELL NOT FINISHED ------
  • Link Blast (required lvl 10)

Blood Warlock has no mana, and no auto attack. He uses his own HP as a resource when casting spells.

• Bolt of blood = Quick damage spell
  • Blood magic = Damage over time buff
  • Blood ritual = AoE + Stun spell
  • Blood brothers = Blood brothers ----- SPELL NOT FINISHED ------
  • Link blast = Spend 30% of current HP and damage that much to target unit
hgWbevg.jpg

The map features 6 bosses, and lots of minibosses:

4Sv4cj2.png

BcaKuid.png

3CiO1VN.jpg

Any and all feedback is welcome, and if you would like to help me with the project then please shoot me a PM.

Attachments

• Winter Is Coming (Alpha 1.5).w3x
    10.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.