• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Modifying UI Error/Target Frame Text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi folks!

I'm trying to implement some custom error messages that I can display to my players with triggers. I'm aware of solutions like SimError, but this approach does not play nicely with standard errors or other usages of DisplayTimedTextToPlayer. After reading through The Big UI-Frame Tutorial, I figured the best way to create custom error messages would be to directly set text on the Frame that the game itself uses for error/order strings (screenshots below), but I am not able to find the framehandle that ultimately displays this text.

What I've tried so far:
  • Hiding each Origin Frame individually.
  • Displaying a message on the screen and iterating through Taysen's list of BrowserFrames and checking their text value.
  • Displaying a message on the screen and traversing the Parent/Child tree up and down from Tayen's list of BrowserFrames. The natives crashing made this fragile enough to not be a feasible approach.
At this point I'm not sure how to proceed. We know that there are SimpleFrames in the UI who are not generated by the FDFs, such as those for Unit Groups. Does anybody know the Frame I'm looking for directly, or a more robust method for finding it?

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• ex1.PNG
    ex1.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 30
  • ex2.PNG
    ex2.PNG
    4.6 MB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.