• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Modifying "Doom" spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the title, I want my hero to have Doom spell, and it will have more than 1 level, to cast into from weaker units to stronger units.

But I don't see any options too choose Max Level Creep to edit

Anyone can help me?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
If it isnt there, u just need to trigger it :D. Use the event Unit begins casting an ability, then check if the level of the target is high enough or not. If the level isnt high enough, order casting unit to stop and display to them a message (if necessary).
Edit: Another possibility is to base ur spell on a spell that has Max Level Creep, then use dummy to cast Doom on that target.

Level 2
I've revealed that if we change the Race property of units from Creep to another, such as Commoner, then the Doom spell can be cast on them :ogre_haosis: is it true?

Level 11
For the doom spell:
A) Do you still want it to spawn a Doom Guard on target's death, or
B) You just want it to deal damage per second like in DotA?

If your answer is B, then you can just edit soul burn ability, as it deals damage per second and also silences the target... About the level of target from weaker to stronger, you can create a trigger "A unit is issued an order targeting a unit" and if the level of target is lower than whatever you want, then order ordered unit to stop, and drink coffee...

Level 13
oh my bad it's karassuthesecond and Rallehateme.. man, he use three different account but he use them for flaming, moron..

If you were saying that DotA uses Soul Burn as Doom ability, can you explain how Soul Burn disables Item Ability ?
agree.. but is it Doom have duration? i set the duration but no effect.. it keep damaging my enemy until its dead.. or it just me?

Level 33
Doom is infinite, they must have use a "trick" in which we do not discover yet, smart IceFrog :)

One thing for sure, the spell is triggered, you wanna know why ?

Because of the recent updated DotA v6.78, where if Doom has scepter and he casts the ultimate, the timer won't move if you are within 550 range of the target.

This shows that when Doom is within the threshold range, the timer doesn't gets ticked (or to be more precise, it doesn't gets subtracted) as normal programmer would do, that is to reduce the timer of a dps-based ability.

BUT, only Doom ability can cancel Item Ability (not to mention, Hero Ability as well).
This mystery haunts me :/

By means of "cancel", I meant that the unit will have a DISPAS icon on their abilities.
I'm not sure if those abilities gets replaced by dummy abilities (disabled).

Level 13
From an OLD thread on playdota

[A0MU] / [A0A2] Doom (The base spell) (No idea which one this is :p)

JASS:
HeroDur2=13
Cool2=110
Cost2=200
Rng2=550
DataA2=50
DataC2=120
UnitID2=nbal
BuffID2=BNdo
targs3=air,enemies,ground,neutral,organic
Dur3=13
HeroDur3=13
Cool3=110
Cost3=250
Rng3=550
DataA3=70
DataC3=120
UnitID3=nbal
BuffID3=BNdo
targs4=air,ground,nonhero,organic
Cool4=120
Cost4=125
Rng4=400
DataA4=5
DataB4=1
DataC4=80
UnitID4=nba2
BuffID4=BNdo,BNdi
Art=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDoom.blp
Buttonpos=3,2
Order=doom
Researchart=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDoom.blp
Researchbuttonpos=3,0
Name=Doom
Tip="|cffffcc00D|room - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r]","|cffffcc00D|room - [|cffffcc00Level 2|r]","|cffffcc00D|room - [|cffffcc00Level 3|r]"
Ubertip="The target unit becomes inflicted with Doom. The afflicted unit cannot cast spells and will take 30 damage per second for 13 seconds. |n|n|cff99ccffCooldown: |r 110 |n|n|c00fffc01Scepter Upgradeable: Increases damage and duration.|r","The target unit becomes inflicted with Doom. The afflicted unit cannot cast spells and will take 50 damage per second for 13 seconds. |n|n|cff99ccffCooldown: |r 110 |n|n|c00fffc01Scepter Upgradeable: Increases damage and duration.|r","The target unit becomes inflicted with Doom. The afflicted unit cannot cast spells and will take 70 damage per second for 13 seconds. |n|n|cff99ccffCooldown: |r 110 |n|n|c00fffc01Scepter Upgradeable: Increases damage and duration.|r"
Hotkey=D
Researchtip="Learn |cffffcc00D|room - [|cffffcc00Level %d|r]"
Researchubertip="The target unit becomes inflicted with Doom. The afflicted unit cannot cast spells and will take damage per second. |n|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - Deals 30 damage per second. Lasts 13 seconds.|n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - Deals 50 damage per second. Lasts 13 seconds.|n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - Deals 70 damage per second. Lasts 13 seconds.|n|n|cff99ccffCooldown: |r 110 |n|n|c00fffc01Scepter Upgradeable: Increases damage and duration.|r"
Researchhotkey=D

Maybe some of this information means something to someone, but it looks pretty generic

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Looks like we have gone off-topic a little bit. But I may join in a little bit :D. I think that instead of a timer, each unit being Doomed will have a duration stored as real variable and will be reduce by a periodic event. When that variable reaches , they remove the buff from that target and done. For the newer version update, check if Doom is within 550 range of the target or not, if he is, refresh the duration real variable of the target, if he isnt, continue reduce that variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.