• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Doom spell and buff attachment problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
While working on a hero, I modified the spell Doom a bit to suite my map. I set it to 10 levels, changed the duration to 60, the number of Doom Guards spawned etc. But when I tested it, it says the creature is too powerful even if I try to cast it on level 1 creeps. What could be wrong? Also, I made a buff with the art building damage - undead small. I set the target attachment point to weapon left but there is a fire on its origin as well. I checked and there is no attachment point with origin.
Extra: I made a spell that gives the ability Bash to the hero. I just wanted to ask if is there any way to make the ability not showing up on the UI?

For the effect's position, maybe you put "left" before "weapon" : W3 searches for an attachment with the keyword "left" in it first, "foot left". You have to switch the keywords or even just use "weapon" as their are only one weapon most of the time.

About the doom ability, try to undo all the changes you made on the "Stats - target type" field.

Extra : there's a way to hide passive abilities using a spellbook (it's an item ability). You put your spell in a custom spellbook, give the spellbook ability to your unit and disable that spellbook ability for all players on map init (you can disable abilities with on of the "player" actions). There are several topics around here in which this method is more detailed.

Level 3
For the buff, I have only Art - Target attachment point set to weapon, right. The effect still shows up on the origin. However, when I changed it to default (base buff is Berserk), the buff shows up correctly, on the right hand and left hand. I just wanted the effect on right hand.
About the Doom ability, I didn't modify the Stats - Target Allowed field. Still, I resetted it and it is still the same. What do you mean Stats - Target type?

Ah, it wasn't the correct translation but you got me right. I was talking about target allowed. Maybe the problems come from the unit, then, because I was unable to reproduce the bug.
Try to target those lvl 1 creeps with the default doom spell and see if it works. Also, be sure they are not magic immune.

The buff problem was surely that the unit's model has no weapon attachment then...

Status
Not open for further replies.