• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doom issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've made an ability based off Doom with 5 levels. The problem is that in the ability panel there isn't anything related to the target unit max level. But the ability cannot be cast on all units. There is a level comparison. When I try to cast my ability(on level 1) it can target only units below level 6. It becomes wierd when I level it up. If I do that it cannot be cast at all(even on level 1 units it states - This unit is too powerful). A possible solution in my mind is to trigger Doom but dying units have no buffs which makes detection hard.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I tried looking in Gameplay Constants(coulsn't find anything related to doom). I changed the Order String(nothing happened).

+rep if someone finds a solution.

Level 9
To:UreDe4D
That's a possible solution but I'll use it only if I'm desperate as it's not accurate(and I'm perfectionist). For example the target unit's hp may go under 5 but a paladin can heal it.

To:Acvong
Maybe you should read some tutorials before helping others. First of all your triggers do not work. The damage is dealt only once(instead of every 2 seconds). Your triggers leak points. You also use "Last Created Unit" statement after 1 second wait(never do that - it's buggy like hell). In your map I still can't cast Doom on high level units(checked)

Status
Not open for further replies.