• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here are, I think, little modifications that would be good to be implemented on the site, or bugs I have found and that someone should fix:

-First of all, Screenshots: Some of them don' t show. In-game screenshots are supposed to be in .Jpg, I agree, but for many resources, the picture file got deleted. For my skin, the Gold Wyrm for example.

-Next, you should add packs for large sections, such as the icon, skin, and model section. Or else, it will take us a full year to download all of them...

-Why just having people' s signature at 255 characters max? If a picture' s URL take 256 characters, and a member wants to put it in his signature that poses a problem. If it adds too much size or if it isn' t available, okay, never mind.

-Sometimes I tried to change my username in the profile section. But it doesn' t change it at all: it says that my profile has been updated, but it doesn' t change my account on my previous posted message nor on the message I post later on.

-Maybe adding on a link to Wc3sear.ch on your RotD page won' t be a bad idea...

-And maybe letting people submit their own tutorial again isn' t a bad idea either (if it really isn' t coherent and you don' t see the point of it, just delete it).

Hum That' s all I have to say for now on. I agree you can' t watch over all the site at the same time, you got tired of me, and ban me for ten years... :cry:

But I still think your site is the best I' ve ever seen, Darky, keep going; you' re the best! :wink:

Ps: I never could do a website such as great as yours! :p

Wc3sear.ch is the site I use for 2 years now, and I won' t change that.

How could you use this site for two years if Darky28 just made in like October? Maybe it feels like two years but its not :roll: .

1- Yea, I wish we could upload ingame screenshots without having to modify them to jpeg.
2- There is already and icon pack feature and DArky28 is working out the bugs with the model pack feature. Skins pack feature is probablyu gonna happen also, since so many people requested it.
3- This would probably use up to much of the sites space, but it would be really good to have.
4- To change your username you need to make a new account.
5- Yes, they should have a link to here on RoTD
6- People can submit their own tutorials, they write them into the tutorial submission thread and if oz02 thinks its good enough then it gets posted.

Level 3
I actually think search became the official wc3c download section around jan but rotd was up for awhile i dont think it hosted files though.

A lot of the stuff you said is going to happen or getting fixed. limiting sigs is important 255 is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.