• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with 2 spells please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXM

LXM

Level 3
I`ve created 2 spells but they don`t wan`t to work right. For the one spell I took the orb of corruption and turned it in to a hero spell but after it is researched the icon dissapears and it it suppose to take mana with each shot but it doesn`t.
And my 2d spell is "Kaboom" as an ultimate but after it is reaserched the tooltip just isn`t there it just dissapears. If this made any cense at all and you can help me please do. :lol:

Level 11
Orb of Corruption... Hehe, nice. Well, I didn't ever try to use it but I guess it is like Orb of Slow and Orb of Lightning (2). These skills are very useful to give a x% chance to apply a skill on an enemy unit as a passive. I may be wrong though... I never tried Orb of Corruption. The problem is that you need to add a skill whose effect should take place. If you want it to always take place just give it 100% chance for everything and it's done. The icon doesn't appear because only the icon of the skill's effect is supposed to appear.

Kaboom... Never tried it as an ultimate. Anyway, did you change the tooltip yourself? You need to have both tooltip and expanded tooltip (which means... name and description) if you want both to appear. I made once such a mistake and oh well, it was pretty embarrising when I had realized what is actually was.

Level 3
1. both spell dont show up with icons( 2nd if its explode on death; i think)
2. orb of cor. hasnt a percentage chance and doesnt take mana
3. but, however the spells (should) work and for a better look, u can make dummyabilities

Level 3
Do you have an icon assigned for it? It sounds like you have an icon assigned for research, but there's also "Art - Icon - Normal" that needs to be assigned. This icon is the one that shows up after the ability has been researched. I can't help you right now about the mana, unless you didn't give it a mana cost.

I can't help anymore with Kaboom than Daelin said, but you need both normal and learn tooltips. If that doesn't work, than I don't know what will. I'll play around with it and see what I can do. Anyways, Kaboom as an ultimate? will this hero have reincarnation as well, or is always gonna be a one way trip?

Level 5
I think your problem with the kaboom tooltip might be that you are deleting the tooltip the sez right click to auto cast. Getting rid of that on auto cast abilities will some times cause the tooltip to mess up. If not i have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.