• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Models Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
This is what I'm doing: making a basic *humanoid* model for each class, with a complete set of animations (that includes "emotes"). Once I have the animations ready, I can change the skin, proportions, and make some adjustments to the animations (the orcs needs to be hunched, the taurens have an additional bone in the leg, etc).
I'm doing it that way because transfer the animations later takes more time, and do not always work.

I'm making this clear because I need to know what animations are needed BEFORE turning it into an elf, orc, tauren etc.

-I'm NOT going to manually add another animation to 30-40 models because someone "opz forgot 2 ask lol".

Level 25
/dance (This command makes the character start dancing)
/sleep (This command makes the character lay down and sleep)
/lol;/laugh;/giggle;/chuckle (This command makes the character burst out of laughter)
/sit (This command makes the character sit down)
/bow (This command makes the character bow)
/kneel (This command makes the character kneel down)
/clap (This command makes the character clap[6 claps])
/cheer (This command makes the character cheer)
/point (This command makes the character point over yonder.[Points straight ahead])

There are some others, but they are not quite very needed that much such as /shy or /flirt.
Don't forget to add a jumping animation since HappyTauren is going to add jumping in the game.

Level 17
/sleep (This command makes the character lay down and sleep)
/lol;/laugh;/giggle;/chuckle (This command makes the character burst out of laughter)
/sit (This command makes the character sit down)
/bow (This command makes the character bow)
/kneel (This command makes the character kneel down)
/clap (This command makes the character clap[6 claps])
/cheer (This command makes the character cheer)
/point (This command makes the character point over yonder.[Points straight ahead])

K.

/dance (This command makes the character start dancing)
No.

Don't forget to add a jumping animation since HappyTauren is going to add jumping in the game.
WTF???

Level 25
Well, I was talking to HappyTauren on MSN about enabling jumping because as pointless as it sounds, jumping makes the game more fun. Even when you're bored and you're playing WoW you'll find yourself jumping everywhere. It also has a good benefit on PvP as well. If you don't know what the jumping animations look like, I can probably find a way to send an animation or maybe take a bunch of screens when jumping.

Level 17
Well, I was talking to HappyTauren on MSN about enabling jumping because as pointless as it sounds, jumping makes the game more fun. Even when you're bored and you're playing WoW you'll find yourself jumping everywhere. It also has a good benefit on PvP as well. If you don't know what the jumping animations look like, I can probably find a way to send an animation or maybe take a bunch of screens when jumping.

Why would you tell him to add such a pointless option when there are still a lot of more important things to be done? This is not a fps, jumping in wc3 makes no sense at all.

EDIT: is there any other random stuff you told him to do without first letting us know?

Level 25
Hmm... Flight Path triggers and a 2 Rogue skills (Gouge & Backstab)
Jumping IS required for WoW because in the instance 'Wailing Caverns' at 2 parts you need to jump from one cliff to the other. So it's not just for random use. Therefore I thought there was a purpose to tell him to make a jumping action.

Level 17
Maybe if you read some of the threads in the other forums you would know that Shadows1500 is giving us the rogue abilities (those two included).
And the jump still makes no sense in the wc3 engine, where units have only one ground level to walk on.

Last thing, if you want to propose new features and assign jobs, do in the forums. I'm tired to chase people all around and see mysterious references to "like you said on msn". That doesn't help anyone and slow all of us down.

Level 17
The commands yes, but the animations are useful for making the npc more alive. It's not a big work making a blacksmith working on his anvil or a few people here and there talking to each other.

@Shadow: can I make multiple animation sets (1h\2h attack) for the warrior?

Status
Not open for further replies.