• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Models] Organic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Clean Request Sheet
-------------------------------------------------------
Intro: Howdy! I'm SkoobyDoo, and I have adopted Velex's virus infection map and have been caring for it for some time now, and I think it's about time for a change of scenery (and, quite possibly, a decrease in map size!) I've been around the hive for a couple years, but I mostly lurk.

Project: As mentioned, Virus infection, specifically beta 21 (the map on the hive right now is really beta 20.....i wonder who stole GhostieB's name and posted it, and where they got my "beta 21" minimap image.). You can find some more detail at the site in my sig.

Request: Right now I'm looking to replace a couple of the skins that have been in the map since I adopted them.

T-Cell Tower -- Defensive structure
currently using a zerg sunken colony skin, which is accounting for ~1/5 of the map's size (200kb).

attachment.php

I really like it because it is one of the few things at the moment that gives the game any sort of an organic feel. I'm willing to hang onto it, and I don't even have any suggestions for direction on a replacement. Anything tower-ey and organic would do. Smaller than 150kb preferable.

Drixenol -- Immune system hero
currently using the crystal golem skin. I'd like to get somethign resembling Drixenol from the osmosis jones cartoon movie. Not sure really what else to add other than the image I've attached.

attachment.php

T-body -- mass body defense unit
currently using this squid type skin. Once again, I'm not sure of a replacement. Possibly making anything white-blood-cell-ish would work to replace my t-bodies (just make a small scale) and my white blood cells (much larger scale), though I'm not putting in a request for white blood cells. (which would just be a muddled up sphere). Simpler would be better, as these are at a small scale and massed a lot.

attachment.php

It's a nice skin, but at that scale, the entire unit is about the size of the freckle on the back of my hand. Just eats up map space in this application.

Bacteria -- Mass viral unit
currently using a mix of carrion beetles and/or the SC guardian.
the guardian also accounts for another ~1/5 of my map size, and isn't TERRIBLY bacterial in appearance. MY first thought was something that looked like the classic bacterial cell, the small elongated sphere thing looking like Mike n Ike's candy. But then that would be a bit simple looking. I really hate to post so many open-ended requests, but I'm going to take the easy route and say it allows for creative expansion.

-------

Replacing those skins with models that don't have custom skins would decrease my map size to around 500kb (overkill, but it allows for some more skins, which would improve the overall feel of the game I think).

Feel free to check out the forum and browse a bit. Unfortunately we still don't have game screenshots up yet. During the exciting parts I'm always busy trying not to die to remember to press printscreen xD. The map is up for download on hive and epicwar (i'd prefer epicwar, since the version on hive could be and most likely is compromised).

Thanks for even reading this far if you're still reading!
Have a nice day!

Attachments

• drix1.jpg
    drix1.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 587
  • sunkens.jpg
    sunkens.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 259
  • tbody.jpg
    tbody.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 299
Status