• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models (Or modeler partner/s) for Altered Melee/RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making an Ancient Historical RTS Map, kinda Age of Empires like. Check the Map Development thread for more info

Map Development

HELP NEEDED (and possible team?)

-Model Help/Suggestions/Modeling/Skinning:

I could go with what's available, as I did with my early version and it's still quite ok. But since I've put quite a lot of time into this and will continue doing so, I'd love it to get more of an appropriate feel for it's era. Now how much will deppend on help available since I can't model. This will also count on what factions I'll first (or at all) release. For example there's almost nothing available suiting the Persians.

Best would be to get a modeler partner (or more) that will be fully credited as a team member and a possible public release of models will be totally up to them. No super high skill is needed. Something along the lines of Spear Footman and Mounted Bandits models here on The Hive, at times slightly more complex.

For Some basic units needed:

My idea is to take a basic model like footman or villager (one of those with multiple animations if edit is allowed) and edit it in few variations with small adjustments and texture changes (preferably in game ones) to fit some roles. I'd also love some versions of the archmage 's or any unarmored horse to create some mounted versions.

An example
Hoplite:

- Simplest way: Spear version of footman with a large round shield and with appropriate spear animation or edit of this model if creator is willing to do it or grants permission.
- Middle way: Same as simple, but i'd give some instructions for minor texture edits and or a new helmet. I'd be totally happy with this.
- Hard way: Completely new/heavily edited unit to fit the hoplite.

Buildings Needed:

Something simular to units, edit/re-skin of some buildings or new buildings in WC3 style at a specific theme.

For Some Special Units:

I'd love a heavily edited mammoth to fit a war elephant role. In 1-3 variations.

Could use a Chariot and a Slinger model, but could do without them.

If anyone is interested contact me/reply here before starting, for more speciffic details/tasks.

Blizzard style prefared for all resources to fit in with WC3 resource's I'm using.

Other:

- If people want to team up for this, I'm open as long as I need help in the field you can provide it.

- I'm not a great terrainier. I guess I can manage a quite good RTS map, but if a skilled person is up for making it better I'm all in.

- I could use a skilled triggered to check my triggers for efficiency once they're finished.

- Suggestions in any field are always welcome.

- People here can shape their favorite faction's gameplay with suggestion's to a degree that it doesn't totally conflict with historical accuracy and my target gameplay.

- Once the map is in a more ready state, I'd love beta testers and balancers.

- If anyone is willing to spot the credits needed before the map is released I'd be grateful and grant an extra honored credit position. Else I'll just do it by my lazy self:p

Last edited:
Level 7
I've got permission to edit Eubz's and Wandering Soul's models.

Is anyone willing to do some changes on those models for me:

Royal Guard
Some versions with round shield, different textures (pref in game), removed cloak and maybe different/edited helmet.

Pikeman
A version with a small round shield attached to the left hand and possibly some texture and helmet edits

Spearman
Some versions with round/square/oval shield, different textures, removed cloak and maybe different/edited helmet.

Mounted Bandit
Some versions with spear attack animation, different/no shield, texture changes and helmet changes

You don't need to do all desired changes to a model, just some are ok.

I'm actually in need for more than those so I'd love a team modeler, but need to start somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.