• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well, who would be interested in a modeling contest?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That would be decided if enough would be interested to take part, but I suppose I would get a friend to make a nice concept for us, and see who can make the best model based upon this.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I was thinking just a model, untextured, with a set polycount limit, and the final images should include a render or some kind, a few wireframe shots, and possibly a posed shot.

So just a mesh, no animations or texture. Just for the first contest anyway. If it becomes strangely popular, then we might kick it up a notch.

Level 5
I wouldn't take part in the contest but I do have a weird idea for you in terms of a theme.
-Theme: Video games. When you really think about, you rarely see many models based off of other games (there are some here, but overall, the group is under represented in the modding community. You could even make sub categories based on what genre the game that inspired the model is in.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A reptile concept (snikes, lizards, dragons, dinosaurs, random reptile things) would be interesting concept since most people can modle a good humonid but not a good reptile and also the creator can make the reptile look pretty much how he wants as long as it looks like a reptile.

But who am I to talk I suck at modles or I would have made some. . .

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How about modern buildings since thats something there is not many of next to basic box like buildings or RDZ's series is modern style buildings.

People could try to make buildings with modernish architexture but still have the freedom of their own choice how they want their modle to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.