• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model - Weaponless Grunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been searching around the new/old forums, and found every weaponless model that I'm going to need for my map, except for the weaponless grunt. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could make me a model of a weaponless grunt.
(I'm not sure if it would necessarily be a model or a skin).

Level 3
Ok. I opened the grunt skin in Photoshop 7, then it tells me to select "masks" on the menu. Masks wasn't on my menu, so i went to "Select > Load Selection > Grunt.tga alpha layer". It then showed me a list of channel layers at the bottom right corner of the screen, titled "RGB, Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha 1." This is where I'm confused. The grunt's shoulder and chest team color areas are automatically selected, but nothing that's supposed to happen in the tutorial has happened. (Just realized that my Photoshop is 7.0.1, dunno if that makes much of a difference though.)

Level 5
Dude.. .. .. they have a grunt in the downloads section that has no weapons, and far passes the normal grunt in texture and model form... go look for it, i think its a WoW remake?

Level 11
I had that same problem when I started skinning...just make sure RGB, Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha 1 are all visible. In other words, make sure they're all selected. You can tell by the little eye icon next to them(I think it's an eye). Make sure they all have one(just click the box if there isn't one). It should now show the alphaed out parts highlighted in a red color. Color black over the areas you want alphaed out, and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.