• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model to indicate aggro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Hello there!

Thank you for reading, I am creating a threat system and I need a nice looking way of displaying which hero each unit is targeting. I've tried all the fancy ways and I didn't find one that would work for me so now I am trying the less fancy way and I need your help!

Do you know of any model, such as this one perhaps? Abilities\Spells\Other\Aneu\AneuTarget.mdl Instead of having 8 variations to it, it needs to have 8 different models coloured in the first 8 team colors (red to pink)

I'm putting this as a request as I'm not sure if a model like this (or 8 models like this rather) exsist or not. If you are willing to edit this model for me so that it is 8 different models with a set team color (Abilities\Spells\Other\Aneu\AneuTarget.mdl) or if you perhaps know of any model I could use I would be very greatful :)

Thank you! +4 to all helpers :D

Level 37
I think the exclamation mark would be perfect for what you need: Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl

I have a white version sitting around in my computer which lets you recolor it using the trigger function (this would obviously require a dummy unit). I can also try recoloring the special effect itself if you want that?

Sverkerman

Level 17
@KILLCIDE Hi and thank you for the quick answer!
I want to avoid using dummy units as it requires me to move all of them manually every 0.03 seconds.
I can also try recoloring the special effect itself if you want that?
I would absolutely love that! However, do you think you could recolor this one for me instead? Abilities\Spells\Other\Aneu\AneuTarget.mdl I think it would fit much better!

Since this turned into a request I'm going to add you to the credit list if you wish and if you'd be up for the task :)

Sverkerman

Level 17
@KILLCIDE Hi again! Thanks for the fast reply!

I need 8 different models of the same model, each with a set color.
Model 1 = Same color as Player 1 (Red)
Model 2 = Same color as Player 2 (Blue)
Model 3 = Same color as Player 3 (Teal)
Model 4 = Same color as Player 4 (Purple) etc etc. up to Player 8.

Level 37
I failed miserably at it, so I asked @Direfury to do it :p

Attachments

• AneuTarget_Red.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 33
  • AneuTarget_Blue.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 37
  • AneuTarget_Teal.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 42
  • AneuTarget_Purple.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 38
  • AneuTarget_Yellow.mdx