• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Requests: Star Wars: Clone Wars Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am currently working on a custom multiplayer map based on Star Wars: Clone Wars Era telling the lives and risks taken by the ordinary clone troopers of the Republic. I find that the Republic faction is lacking vehicles to combat the CIS available models here.

I have several requests and I will include easy models for a modeller can make with as much info and pictures to illustrate my preferences. I prefer to have the models by 15th June 2008, if you can't meet the deadline, I am willing to wait until the end of June.

Now on to the requests:

ARC LAAT/i a.k.a Republic Command Gunship
Picture links:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 2

Preferences/Info:
1. You can lose the rear, side and wing mounted guns (I don't need them). Keep only the rocket launchers and frontal guns.
2. Front guns fires blue spark.
3. You can make the rocket launchers fire by spell animation. (You may add effects for it.)
4. Make it team colored.

Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery (SPHA)
Picture links:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Preferences/Info:
1. Instead of firing beams, make it shoot artillery rounds.
2. Since it now fires artillery rounds, you can animate the gun barrel.
3. It's a walker, therefore it walks using it's left and right legs. You can modify the legs into tracks if animating the legs is too hard.
4. Make it team colored.

TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank (IFT-X) a.k.a Fighter Tank
Picture links:
Link 1
Link 2

Preferences/Info:
1. Just include the main turret and rocket pod.
2. Animate the rocket pod fire as spell animation.
3. A hover tank, which it...hovers to move around.
4. Make it team colored.

PLX-1 Clone Trooper a.k.a Anti-armor trooper
Picture links:
Link 1
Link 2

Preferances/Info:
1. I know this may sound a bit crazy, but can you model a clone trooper armed with rocket launcher?
2. Instead of having an ARC trooper wield it, a regular clone trooper would be nice to even the odds against droidekas and super battle droids.
3. For attack animation, make the trooper crouch when firing it (if it is possible).
4. Make it team colored.

Last words:

For those who undertake my requests, I thank you very much from the bottom of my heart and I will honor you by giving you credits in my map and praise you highly among my friends.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you to those who took their time making my requests.

Level 3
Not much vehicles for the Republic or Rebel Alliance. Most vehicles were made for CIS and Empire.

The Republic Gunship is a must have for transportation purposes.

EDIT:

The vehicles I requested are the basic needs for a Clone Army.

Level 11
true there are alot of star wars models, but there is a dissapointing lack of Empire era space ships, republic ground/space, CIS space units, rebels could use some space units. I worked on a starwars clone wars map which included space and ground forces. you know what i used for CIS capitol ships? a train model, because it was the closest thing that looked like it. right now im working on a different map, all i have for the empire is a star destroyer, tie interceptor and tie advanced. stilll lookin for tie bomber, fighter, tie/d.

Level 3
Well i don't like to use siege tanks to replace the IFT-X, and Goblin transport to replace the famous LAAT/i.

really ruined the experience after I tested them on my map. trying to build a tactical mission map, where clone commandos and ARCs run around the map doing strategic missions to help the Republic troopers win a battle.

You can make different vehicles then, if non star wars models ruin your experience. Like you can use AT-ST model (which was not really in clone wars era, but is similar to AT-RT), while I do not see anything wrong using ARC trooper as anti-tank, even with not adequate animation (I tried it once to reanimate but it did not come out good), spell anim will be good enough, if you will be looking at it from the distance. But about the transports, yes they are a problem, but you could use some sci-fi ships instead of wc3 models.

Level 3
I agree. The LAAT/i is my favourite vehicle in Star Wars. The Clone Wars is the most fascinating era. Anti, I've been meaning to contact you in order to beg you or convince you by conventional means to begin work on your Clone Wars map. I loved how you got it started. It just needed work and some balance...

Please work on it more! :"(

If not, century, I will be your beta tester. I am no map-maker, but I know a fair bit of Star Wars story. Enough to be helpful... I'm also a spelling freak, so I'll help you with spelling or catching anything spelled wrong. I could also help you with balance. I'm dedicated and very interested in a Clone Wars map.

I've been planning to leave WC3 soon, should I not find a Clone Wars map currently made or in making. You're the salvation to my staying. I'm on the East side. LordJhredmo would be me.

See you later.
-Evix Jhredmo

Level 3
Ok, I'm reappealing for my request here.

I'd accept any contributions of vehicles or troop types for the Republic faction.

The CIS really is outgunning the GAR since all we had are few solutions to combat droids and vehicles.

Having a LaaT/i would be very much helpful since it's a very versatile air unit.

Level 3
Then I guess I must double the work on my search, for double the worth has been added on.

EDIT!!!
http://war3.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=11024
That map is a model of professional map-making. The best Star Wars map made, in my opinion. No major problems, it also has some skins and models I showed on the Map Dev thread for this map (ship grating/port and such).

Check it out! Make sure to add the proper extension to the end (.w3n) and save in Campaigns.

Last edited:
Level 3
Let's give this thread a good bump.

Calling all awesome modellers and animators!

The Galactic Republic calls for your aid in the war against the CIS.

Submit your works and you shall be kindly awarded for your effort.

- CW, High Commander of the GAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.