• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Just use a missile in the War3 mpq/mpqx. You are sure to find a ball of energy that you can use. So really, you don't NEED a custom missile, not even one designed as a scarab. No one is going to see more than a ball of light and an explosion anyway. :/

Now I would agree with you, but I really don't see a Tank shooting small Spirit of vengeance missiles at target, now I ask for the scarab because of the way it looks and i wasn't looking for the scarab itself but the effects it uses ex: explosions, tail. Now if you do not have the model, or cannot create the model in question please do not post in this thread.

(WARNING: if you take this as mean or inconsiderate way.First I apologize for hurting your feelings, second I suggest you go and have a time out, k thx bai.)

Level 23
Now I would agree with you, but I really don't see a Tank shooting small Spirit of vengeance missiles at target, now I ask for the scarab because of the way it looks and i wasn't looking for the scarab itself but the effects it uses ex: explosions, tail. Now if you do not have the model, or cannot create the model in question please do not post in this thread.

(WARNING: if you take this as mean or inconsiderate way.First I apologize for hurting your feelings, second I suggest you go and have a time out, k thx bai.)

why would your message insult me? Honestly, the explosion could be easily dealt with, as all you need is set it to explode upon impact, and if you wanted, an Area of Effect radius for the explosion to deal damage. Blizzard made the trail they have because, due to limitations of movement in 2D games, a scarab wouldn't be able to have a realistic trail and rotate correctly, as they would need to figure out whether it turned right or left, up or down, and find a way to have trails for every imaginable angle in the game. Thus, they made it as the scarab image, popping in behind it as it's trail, as that will simply appear in it's wake. It also happens to be much easier to program. (I have some experiance in 2D games, having taken a class on it last year.)

So, no. I don't think a custom scarab needs to be made, just to have a trail of look-alikes behind it. Just use the spirit of vengeance missile, or something similar to a ball of light, and deal with it. Players won't care too much whether an ingame missile was used, as long as it remotely resembles a scarab's ball of light. :/

Level 24
why would your message insult me?

Forgive me, I take steps to avoid things

Blizzard made the trail they have because, due to limitations of movement in 2D games, a scarab wouldn't be able to have a realistic trail and rotate correctly, as they would need to figure out whether it turned right or left, up or down, and find a way to have trails for every imaginable angle in the game. Thus, they made it as the scarab image, popping in behind it as it's trail, as that will simply appear in it's wake. It also happens to be much easier to program. (I have some experiance in 2D games, having taken a class on it last year.)
Now I don't understand where your coming from, please realize that I know that the origin of my request is originally 2d, I'm posting in a request section so I can get a 3d model

just to have a trail of look-alikes behind it. Just use the spirit of vengeance missile, or something similar to a ball of light, and deal with it. Players won't care too much whether an ingame missile was used, as long as it remotely resembles a scarab's ball of light. :/

now this is your opinion, but my opinion is stating that I am asking for a "certain" model, if you cannot conform to my request there is no reason to negotiate for a different approach.

(please again, Don't take this any form of hostility )

Level 23
Yes, it is my opinion, but it is also something you will likely get from other people. If someone were to make it, and post it on the site, they would most likely be told that they could have the same missile from ingame. The trail could likely be made with a bit of programming, or with the ParticleAdd tool by Oinkerwinkle. (mine currently does not work, like a lot of peoples') I'm just saying that you are likely to get a lot of comments telling you how the scarab could have been made easier, saving some space on the map by being ingame origionally. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.