• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model Request] Troll Peon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hive, I come here with a simple request. I require a Troll Peon model, complete with the Gold and Lumber animations for the map I am working on.

Our project is adding a 5th race to Warcraft, the Trolls. Currently we are using an Ice Troll Trapper as the worker which is fine but doesn't graphically look like a worker. All I ask is that when he comes out of a mine or starts cutting down a tree he has the Gold or Lumber shown on his model (keep the attack animation even, whatever is the easiest way to do it). If possible could you replace one of the axes with a Pick Ax (this is a minor detail, not require at all though it would add that last touch to it).

Full credit will of course be given to whoever does this. You can do whatever you will with this model as well (host it anywhere you please etc.) Thanks in advance if anyone does this.

Level 2
Thanks could you assist me with the import process? I imported them both and reset the World Editor but it said it could not load the model file. Is there a specific path or something I need to know?

Thanks, you will get credit of course (assuming I can get it to work :D).

Level 8
bmp ? ... ok ..

EDIT - Here is it. although i know its blp that must be put on.

Estel3 ... after you import the model AND the skin, you set (i think) the name of the model to just TrollWorker(if there is the .mdx leave that too). Then you save the map, exit and rerun it. If it doesnt work ill give you another way

Attachments

• TrollPeasant.bmp
    65.1 KB · Views: 223
Level 2
I set the model file to TrollWorker.mdx (in the Import menu) and when I load up the map it says Could Not Load File: Wc3MapImported/TrollWorker.mdl

I tried setting the file path to TrollPeasant.mdx and I had the same problem. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Level 8
I think my model has a problem .... Do u got Magos Model Editor ?

If no, dl it (its in the tools link).
>Open the Model Editor
>Click on Windows and choose the MPQ Browser
>From the MPQ Browser click on file and open the War3x.mpq
>Many folders will appear in the MPQ Browser window. Click the last one called Units
>There are subfolders( lol this is going to take long !) so click on Critters
>Surprise ! More subfolders ! In these sub-subfolders click on the second one, BloodElfPeasant.
>Almost done.... Open the mdx file.
> MODEL SKIN EDITING
> From the ME click again on the Windows and on the list press the Textures.
> Right click somewhere in the empty window of the Texture Manager and press import
> Import my blp or bmp file of the Troll worker
> Go to windows again and press the Material Manager
> It will open a window with 4 lines.
Click on the ones im going to tell u now. From the windows that will appear you will have just to click on the only lines existing in the white boxes and replace the current skins with mine.
Here are the lines you got to open in the material manager :
Material 00D71698
Material 00D71A58
Material 00D71E58 (the second one)
> now u click on the ME the File, Save and save it as TrollWorker.mdx

AT LAST IVE FINISHED. Oh, i forgot to ask if u already got Magos Model Editor .... :\

Level 2
Ok I got all the way to the Material Manager part but what exactly do you want me to do and how do I do it? It didn't let me rename or add any animations with the names you wanted.

Thanks.

Level 25
Uh... Redblade, you didn't repair the texture path problem

But gaaaaaack, model annoys me so much. Here's a fix with the path corrected and the troll given a longer nose. Skin has no path and is in the upper post, just remove the wc3imported

Attachments

• TrollWorker.mdx
    136.6 KB · Views: 97
Level 2
Looks awesome but is there a way to change the portrait? It looks like a big blue cloud, which I have to say isn't very appealing :D!

+rep to you both though.

Level 25
Looks awesome but is there a way to change the portrait? It looks like a big blue cloud, which I have to say isn't very appealing :D!

+rep to you both though.

It doesn't have a portrait at the moment now that you mention it... You can do this either the lazy Mecheonish way

1. Open Magos' program
2. Look for the Headhunter. Units\Orc\TrollHeadhunter\Etc.
3. Extract its portrait file, right click and "Extract". Put in a folder of your choice
4. Rename the portrait to TrollWorker_Portrait.mdx, then import to the same path as the model

Cheap and lazy, but it's a portrait

Level 2
I extracted what you said but it didn't save as any type of file, just File. I imported it and its path is Wc3mapImportated\TrollWorker_Portrait no .mdx or anything. Am I doing something wrong? Here's what I did:

Opened the Wcx.mpq and found the Headhunter
Right clicked on Headhunter_V1_Portrait.mdx and clicked Export
Saved the file and renamed it to TrollWorker_Portrait.
Imported it, and noticed it didn't have a file type.

NVM: I didn't add the .mdx, testing now
EDIT2: Works, thanks

Also while this is a quick fix, is there a way to use the model to make a portrait? Just curious, I could do it (or figure out how to).

Level 25
Also while this is a quick fix, is there a way to use the model to make a portrait? Just curious, I could do it (or figure out how to).

Two ways

1. Extract the original Blood Elf Peasant portrait and change it's texture path to point to the new one. Requires something to convert an MDX file to a MDL one, and back again. Or Magos
2. Add a camera to the model, pointing at the rough direction for a portrait. No talking animations, but it's a portrait. Requires just Magos

Status
Not open for further replies.