• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model Request] Republic Gunship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am requesting this model on behalf of my new game- I have yet to think of a suitable name yet but I have the main plot and ideas captured.

It is a starwars themed game (more aimed at the Clone wars) and the beginning of the 3rd movie when the Republic turns on the Jedi,

In this game you will be a Captain of a Clone squad (squad is NPC controlled) and move around the war between clones and droids, the game will be 6 player possibley more but will include skirmishes such as; Guerilla Warfare in Droid Citys and Fortresses, Outpost defense, Space battles and possibley a Pilot mission.

One thing I have realised now is that a Republic Gunship is needed for most of my missions, I understand if the model is hard to make but I am pleading with you.

The animations can simpley be the ones from the Human Gyrocopter easy as that, I have a few images of what it looks like below.(note it does not have to look like the Shark Mouth Gunship, thats just to give a better image)

Attachments

• republic_gunship.jpg
    republic_gunship.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 695
  • gunship-rough.jpg
    gunship-rough.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 48,100
Level 31
i could try skinning it
might not be great but i try

K, I'll get some basic previews and stuff soon. Your job will be especially easy due to the UVWrapping capabilities of the program I use.

All you really need to look at is a WIP of the model, and a bunch of reference pics. Size, proportion, and placement makes no real difference.

Regardless, I will get some pics and such soon. (I am kinda busy atm. lol)

Level 31
you mean i dont even have to make it proportional? sweet!
if we pull this off its gonna be really nice
oh and btw, should i make it detailed so you can scale it up in the editor? or is the model already large enough

The model is about the size of the steam tank. Size doesn't really matter either being as how I am UVWrapping in the model program itself lol.

I am not around the flash drive that has the pics yet, sorry. But, I really see no need to look at the model anyway. Hehe

I do have a better way of reference:
gunship.jpg

I can't use the picture for a texture itself because of those darned copyrights. D:

This pic has outlines of where the texture should be made. All of the pieces do not have to be attached. As I said, this new program is like heaven for UVWrapping. I can take faces strait off of the model and manipulate them onto the texture separately. XD

Indeed this is gonna be sweet.

Level 31
awesome just post what you need skinned when youre ready!

k. I'll get it soon.

You don't have to actually put the texture on the model (UVW). All you need to do is make the image.

All you need to do it look at the pic above and replicate whatever is in the red lines. No need to make it fit the model. I can make the model fit it. : )

Level 10
ok i finished the wing, what i did was pull the shapes over and then trace it so i could get the right shape, no cnp or anything. the other shapes arent finished just the wing
EDIT: oh by the way, did you want the people on the inside, or should i just make that empty

Attachments

• Gunship.png
    Gunship.png
    93 KB · Views: 314
Level 5
The Question regarding the people in it, Id probably rather not because Im using a trick cinematic that doesnt show them get out, so its down to whats easiest for you.

Level 31
ok ill get that but do you think itll work good?

It doesn't matter if you put them in it or not. The model is so awesome that it has a hole where the compartment is. XD It even has sliding doors. lol

Btw, do not use the actually picture in the texture, because it is copyrighted. And, it doesn't have to be the shape of the picture. It just has to have those segments in it.

Level 31
bob, it would probably be easier to get the texture done if you drew an outline of the shapes u need in paint and labeled them according to what part of the ship they actually are. The current layout of that skin looks like it would wrap horribly

Indeed. Thanks for reminding me to give him this.

SO! REMEMBER! I do NOT want the original lines in the original picture to be the shape of it. That just shows what the texture should look like.

ALSO! DO NOT make the shark texture. I want it to be the original gunship. NOT the shark texture. Hundreds of people request this model all the time. Only a few of them want the shark texture. I do not want it.

Here is the pic of what the shapes should look like. BUT REMEMBER! I want to window texture to be done FROM THE TOP. (overhead)

Attachments

• mhj.JPG
    mhj.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 501
urdoingitwrong

Finish the model and unwrap it first and then post the unwrap (that wireframe) in the 256x256 size. As TDR said long time ago, if you are not really using ingame textures, is the texture which should adapt to the model, not the opposite. While unwrapping you could help yourself with checkered box material, so you can look if your unwrap is looking consistenly.

Level 31
urdoingitwrong

Finish the model and unwrap it first and then post the unwrap (that wireframe) in the 256x256 size. As TDR said long time ago, if you are not really using ingame textures, is the texture which should adapt to the model, not the opposite. While unwrapping you could help yourself with checkered box material, so you can look if your unwrap is looking consistenly.

I unwrap before animation. Why? No idea. It always turns out better for me. lol

EDIT: I don't want to double post, so here.

Anyway, you might want to postpone the project because I am having some technical difficulties with my laptop. (It is a piece of crap.) So, until I can get a hold of a new one to use during work and all, I am not going to be able to carry out my WC3 work. I know I have a really HQ desktop of home, but I am rarely around to use it. So, for now, you might want to lay low for a while. Sorry.

When I get a new laptop, I will be back 100% again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.