• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model or Object Lighting/Blending Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a few wall models and I am trying to put them next to and on top of eachother to form a wall, but it looks like each wall is its own square because the lighting hits each model individually from one side. Observe:

help1l.png

help2i.png

I want these to blend together so that they look like one solid wall, instead of looking like a bunch of individual doodads. I really need help on this one.

Thanks guys

Level 6
Honestly, if that's what you have to work with and you don't care if the lines are vertical, I would flip them on their side, so the lines go horizontal and then use a column to hide the lines where the new doodad starts. Does that make sense?

Level 8
Honestly, if that's what you have to work with and you don't care if the lines are vertical, I would flip them on their side, so the lines go horizontal and then use a column to hide the lines where the new doodad starts. Does that make sense?

Its the warcraft 3 lighting system, the lines will always be vertical (and there are and will be horizontal lines too) because of how the system works, but I'm just trying to find a way to make it not work that way with these models.

Using another object to hide the lines is an amazing idea, not only would it allow everything to blend together but it would add amazing detail to the building structure.

Thanks, and +rep =)

Status
Not open for further replies.