• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model (or is it animation) changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I'm making an ORPG with Ciebron and RaiN and RaiN made a spell for the Summoner hero. This spell creates floating rocks around the hero (3) and whenever a next spell is cast the rocks disapear (roughly said:p). The thing is the floating rocks can only float around the hero with the sphear ability and that one only works for blood mage (and vengeance???). However we want to use the Gul'Dan model for this.

So here's the request:

Is there anybody here that could edit the Gul'Dan model so it has attachment points for the sphere ability (or aren't we talking about attachment points here?).

Here are 2 screenshots. A bloodmage screenshot with the rocks floating around him, and a screeny of the Gul'Dan model.

Ofc +rep will be given.

Attachments

• Bloodmage.jpg
    Bloodmage.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Summoner.jpg
    Summoner.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 108
Level 7
It's actually just a matter of copying over bones and attachment points with the correct settings and modifying them to fit the animations. This is a neat idea to do but it takes time to recreate them for sure. Go to the Node editor in wc3modeleditor with the bloodmage model open. Copy the sphere attachments from there and the bones with them as well. Then it will be as simple as changing the numbers associated with what happens when for animations.
Make sure you copy them fully by doing edit node and looking at the translation rotation and scaling datas. Then you need to change some of that code to fit for the new model.
For example if it says:
1200:(. . .)
(This happens during whenever the animation sequence number 1200 is going on. It's different for every model since different models have different numbers for animation sequences. To see which animation number is going on in which animation go to the global animation sequences[or whatever the last wc3modeleditor category there is and edit an animation. It will say From: # To: #])

Level 8
Damn, I failed to do what the poster above me described. I failed at making the attach points animated and they all just stood at 1 place in the air. When I tried changing the sequences I failed even more making them do linear movements...

I guess we need someone who knows what he is doing ^^

Level 19
It's actually just a matter of copying over bones and attachment points with the correct settings and modifying them to fit the animations. This is a neat idea to do but it takes time to recreate them for sure. Go to the Node editor in wc3modeleditor with the bloodmage model open. Copy the sphere attachments from there and the bones with them as well. Then it will be as simple as changing the numbers associated with what happens when for animations.
Make sure you copy them fully by doing edit node and looking at the translation rotation and scaling datas. Then you need to change some of that code to fit for the new model.
For example if it says:
1200:(. . .)
(This happens during whenever the animation sequence number 1200 is going on. It's different for every model since different models have different numbers for animation sequences. To see which animation number is going on in which animation go to the global animation sequences[or whatever the last wc3modeleditor category there is and edit an animation. It will say From: # To: #])

Sounds... simple:bored:
I think I just stick to terraining because this is like chineze for me!

So you say it's not hard but just takes alot of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.