• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model of Sonic, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/redsonic/SonicModel.png

Currently i'm stuck working With Gmax, seeing as they don't sell 3ds Max 4 anymore...but this is the newest version of Gmax, so I'm not even sure i'll be able to make models with it...

But...in the meantime...I'll see what I can get done with this.

Last time I tried making this model, someone ripped the texture from me and made their own model with it (sucky one btw) ='/

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Sonic has never had elbows.

As long as he has more than one poly long arm meshes, then he'll be fine for animation I expect.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That model looks imported, especially the way it his the bounce bracelet and the other ring from SA1/2.

Well if it is not, I recomend removing them and adding atachments points for them since some people might not want a SA1/2 sonic with items.

Also there is nothing wrong with a high poly sonic model, since the average graphic card can easily handle 1000s of polies. The only problem is the file size. Try and make the model 100 KB, never excede 500KB or it is just too big.

Last edited:
Level 6
Isnt this model ....2 years old now hmm?

and it does have too much polies.

btw, he has no elbows.. and i wouldnt suggest giving it to people if it has so called been stolen before.

Yep. But as you can tell from the screenshot, I improved the model some. =]

I gave up working on it when SOMEONE tried to steal the texture for their own sonic model. But, I figure Gmax might work. But it isn't working.

I'm stuck and cannot use ART TOOLS, since my version of Gmax is too high.

I'm not sure what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.