• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello.

I'm new with modeling so i just googled around for a software that would helped me with that and i found Retera Model Studio, it seems a clean and nice software but i'm having some issues with some models, like when i click on Magroth the Defender it appears a common Paladin instead of that guy with hood and the shield and hammer, this happen also with few more Heroes.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

i just need to remove the glow from Magroth model and also add a change to the skin like the Avatar spell of Mountain King. Or something similar.

Attachments

• Wrong Model.PNG
    Wrong Model.PNG
    437.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Wrong model 2.PNG
    Wrong model 2.PNG
    484.5 KB · Views: 71
Level 2
i apologize for replaying
If you use the data browser instead of the unit browser you'll find all the models you'll need you might need to expand the window to see it, its a little tab next to the unit browser.

I apolozige if i reply soo lately but i've been kinda busy, forgive me. Also thanks a lot it helped me actually xD. I still spent like half an hour to figure out which folder i should went in but i made it.

Where can i find some tutorials about the software? I mean i'm totally new with modelling and stuff, never done something like that before so i need some BASICS if you know where i should go to learn something i would appriciate it. Thanks again for the help!

Level 2
Retera has a youtube channel where he does a lot of stuff with the model editor would highly recommend.

i see, i'll give it a shot thanks man. one last thing, i know that it doesn't have anything to do with this section but please, i'm stuck. I would like to learn how to make some custom abilities and/or learn about triggers in generals, cause i tried stuff by myself but nothing happens and i don't understand the reason.
Do you have any tutorial or tips to give me? cause i'm lost. I tried to look by myself but i always found only pieces of tutorial and hard to put together, i miss the basics as for modeling. I know i'm a mess xD

thanks again! <3

i see, i'll give it a shot thanks man. one last thing, i know that it doesn't have anything to do with this section but please, i'm stuck. I would like to learn how to make some custom abilities and/or learn about triggers in generals, cause i tried stuff by myself but nothing happens and i don't understand the reason.
Do you have any tutorial or tips to give me? cause i'm lost. I tried to look by myself but i always found only pieces of tutorial and hard to put together, i miss the basics as for modeling. I know i'm a mess xD

thanks again! <3

Before learning how to make custom abilities whether they're GUI or JASS or Lua is to practice with the Trigger Editor in general, learn how events, conditions and actions work, learn the different kinds. That way you'll be able to have a rough idea of how to make a custom spell. I'd start simple and create a spell that when a unit casts a spell a dummy unit casts another one to combine effects.

It's alright just take your time, experiment in the editor and explore the different functionalities. If you ever can't find something or how to do something if you ask here in the Hive I'm sure we'll be happy to help :)

Good luck with modelling and learning custom abilities. If you look at some custom spells in the Hive, if they've been commented on properly try to follow the comments to see what each part is doing.

Level 2
Before learning how to make custom abilities whether they're GUI or JASS or Lua is to practice with the Trigger Editor in general, learn how events, conditions and actions work, learn the different kinds. That way you'll be able to have a rough idea of how to make a custom spell. I'd start simple and create a spell that when a unit casts a spell a dummy unit casts another one to combine effects.

It's alright just take your time, experiment in the editor and explore the different functionalities. If you ever can't find something or how to do something if you ask here in the Hive I'm sure we'll be happy to help :)

Good luck with modelling and learning custom abilities. If you look at some custom spells in the Hive, if they've been commented on properly try to follow the comments to see what each part is doing.

Thanks for everything dude, i appriciate it. i'll try my best cause its been a year using the editor and i still didn't finish my custom map and still didn't understand how a lot of things works xD. But i discovered some new stuff by myself. Thanks again!

Thanks for everything dude, i appriciate it. i'll try my best cause its been a year using the editor and i still didn't finish my custom map and still didn't understand how a lot of things works xD. But i discovered some new stuff by myself. Thanks again!

It's no bother :) One thing that always helped me out is if you find something in a map or something that's been done before open the map up in the editor and see how they've done it then see if you can replicate it and change it in certain ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.