• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
What do I change the path for .mdx files to? For example I downloaded this model: http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/85/ .
Here is what I've changed it to in the import manager:

war3mapImported\DeathKnightFoot.blp > Textures\DeathKnightFoot.blp

war3mapImported\DeathSword.blp > Textures\DeathSword.blp

war3mapImported\DeathKnightFoot.mdx > ?

war3mapImported\DeathKnightFoot_portrait.mdx > ?

I tried changing it to 'Models\' but it didn't work. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

.mdx files usually don't need any change.There are several ways for knowing how to import a model.First of all here in the hive when you enter to see descriptions about a model it says how the path files should be.
Or when you have The Model Editor tool try opening a model.When it says for example ''Textures/HeroPaladin doesn't exist'' create a folder and add the skin in.
Hope i have helped you.:thumbs_up:

Level 1
What do you mean they don't need any change? You mean they should remain war3mapImported\ ? Also create a folder where? I'm a bit confused:confused:

What do you mean they don't need any change? You mean they should remain war3mapImported\ ? Also create a folder where? I'm a bit confused:confused:

Some models use something called Ingame Textures, this is when the model doesn't require any textures because the textures used are from the game. You don't have to create a new folder, you can just put it into you Warcraft III directary. If you want to stay organized though, you can create a new "Models" file in your directary and put the files in there, that is what I do. :thumbs_up: If you still don't understand how to import models, please click the tutorial in my signature, almostm 860 views and has been proven to be useful. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Just do :

war3mapImported\DeathKnightFoot.mdx > war3mapImported\DeathKnightFoot.mdx

war3mapImported\DeathKnightFoot_portrait.mdx > war3mapImported\DeathKnightFoot_portrait.mdx

This should solve the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.