• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model importing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, sorry to bother people with this, but I've been trying to import the model (http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=4642) into my map for a little while now, and I've followed all the instructions in the tutorial faithfully - I unzipped the whole thing, imported all the files, changed all the paths, but when I try to apply the model to a unit I just get a blank shadow. Does anyone have any idea why this keeps happening? I've like triple-checked this thing.

One thing that might help - when I go to apply the model in object editor I select "AnotherNightElfFemale.mdx", but when I hit enter it changes, mysteriously, to .mdl extension anyways, despite the fact that the file itself is a .mdx file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Level 4
ok man i am pro in these things
i can bring every model to work :wink:
some models are different in the way of importing some work with the way its in the tutorial and some work like this:

try to delete the path so that only the name of the model is in the path.

IF THIS DOESNT WORK than try this make all things like its in the tutorial but dont save and exit the editor. First look in the object editor if the models work (they dont) than save in the import manager and look again for the model (they dont work) than close the editor abd opeb it and hopefully they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.