• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Model Importing HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
:fp:So guys i need help in Item model Importing,i tried to import an item model,so basically i like those items that appears in your unit when u equip it,i tried it but it wont appear, can anyone help me?:ogre_haosis:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Make sure the import paths are correct. The model can be anywhere as long as the extension is correct. The textures used by the model have to have the exact path (case sensitive) as specified in the model (or listed on the model page if from this site). To view paths specified by models you can open them in some form of model editor or even view them with notepad (you will notice in the garbage of ASCII there are some paths present). Converting them to MDL/MDX (whichever is the text one) will give you the file in a more readable form (which you can extract the paths from).
2. Save the map. The map must save without errors. If an error occurred during saving start from 1.
3. Close WorldEdit.exe process. I mean fully, not just the map you need to physically make sure the process is closed.
4. Re-open the map.
5. Enjoy your imported model. If it does not show in the editor it wil certainly show in game if 1 is done properly.

You need to start from step 1. You cannot just skip steps as it is possible that the imports are corrupt so need to be re-imported. Make sure to save the map after the corrupt imports are deleted to avoid any possible problems.

If the model still does not show then it must be corrupt itself. You will need to contact the model author about this and they should hopefully help you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.