• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bought Item Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, so this is the problem. Basically I want a system whereby when you buy an item from the shop (lets say sword), than the model of a sword would appear on the units hand.

Ive done all the importing of the sword model and stuff, and the only way I know how to make the item appear on the unit's hand is by leaving it on the ground at start and getting a hero to pick it up.

So basically, I need a trigger to make the (said in the first paragraph) work. Thanks! :thumbs_up:

*Update- Problem Solved*

Last edited:
Level 10
So you want the sword to be in the hand of the person who has the sword in thier inventory?
That's easy, make an ability for the item (an item ability), try to choose one that has no effect what so ever, change Art - Target to the model of the sword, change Art - Target Attachment Point 1 to "Hand" and change Art - Target Attachments to 1. Give the ability to the item and when the unit has the item in it's inventory the unit should have the sword in it's hand. No triggers and no lag involved!

I hope that helps. (What I really mean is I hope I get a reputation point for helping you). :D

Either way, good luck and good day.

Level 19
So you want the sword to be in the hand of the person who has the sword in thier inventory?
That's easy, make an ability for the item (an item ability), try to choose one that has no effect what so ever, change Art - Target to the model of the sword, change Art - Target Attachment Point 1 to "Hand" and change Art - Target Attachments to 1. Give the ability to the item and when the unit has the item in it's inventory the unit should have the sword in it's hand. No triggers and no lag involved!

I hope that helps. (What I really mean is I hope I get a reputation point for helping you). :D

Either way, good luck and good day.

You are not allowed to ask people to rep you.

Status
Not open for further replies.