• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model doesn't display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello
I'm not sure if this thread fits modelling section, but I have little problem with my model. It's new death effect for my nerubian buildings - building explodes, tentacles appear and then hide in the ground. Everything works correctly in magos and in world editor preview, but when I add it to building instead undead death effect, the model doesn't display in-game - undead based models still have undead death effect, and doodad based models just dissappear.

Maybe your model needs some texture to be imported as well. Use Magos and check the Texture Path.

It uses in-game textures only, I think that this is problem with 'spawn' nodes, but I don't know how to fix it.

the visibility values change to -1 making them invisible.

Everything is correct in magos, and I can see model in WE. It can be even problem in WE, not in model. I added it as special effect for the building (I wanted to replace death effect). Still, my models can be not compatibile (I'm not sure if it's possible).

Last edited:
mmm, maybe is the -1 bug in magos, sometimes when you open a model like a unit with gutz, or buildings like undead the visibility values change to -1 making them invisible.

It Could Be geoset animation

But One More thing
I got this Problem Long time ago

Check your Node Editor, See if you have any EventObject Without Sequence
That THing will make your Model Dissapear

(Event Object is the Death Sound, Spawn Object, Blood and Such, If you add them and forgot to add the Sequence (Or the Frame) your model will dissapear, It is the One With Camera Icon

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.