• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model does not display correctly ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I needed some wall model for my map so I searched the model section and found one

unfortunately it did not have any animations so I thought: "hey, making special effects was kinda easy so animations should be, too"
and since magos' is a pretty badass tool I managed to make something which looked good enough for me but only in the editor

when I tested it ingame I had these problems:
-birth/build animation ends too early (what's the perfect time scale for this?)
-death animation is much too fast (however it looked perfect in magos)
-stand animation emits mass particles
I was unsure how to disable the emitting of particles in the editor but I got it down to 4 per second which looked like nothing
however there are like 200 ingame

Attachments

• WallAnimated.mdx
    46 KB · Views: 56
  • test.w3m
    35.8 KB · Views: 62
Level 19
well for a large wall, the death should be a couple thousand frames, if its to fast, slow it down...

true but why does it display correctly in magos?
and I also found out that it is instant in the wc3 preview screen but ingame it is neither instant nor as slow as I want it to be....

to remove particle emitters, go to windows/node manager
and their blueish icons, if you dont mind loosing all particles.. just delete em, otherwise find the ones that emit on birth, and change their emition rate, to 0 during that animation

as I said the model was not animated in any way when I started with it
the point is that I don't know how to disable particles (well....I know how to do disable them for War3ModelEditor but they are still shown ingame....)

thx so far I'll mess around with it a little more until someone has a perfect solution :thumbs_up:

edit: fixed the particle bug
seems like setting the spawn rate to 0 does not work at all
however the animation thing worked flawlessly
the death animation is still buggy
JASS:
70000: { 0, 0, 0, 1 }
  InTan: { 0, 0, 0, 1 }
  OutTan: { 0, 0, 0, 1 }
75000: { 0.5, 0, 0, 1 }
  InTan: { 0.25, 0, 0, 1 }
  OutTan: { 0.25, 0, 0, 1 }
this is smooth in the editor but not ingame (hermite or bezir does not make a difference)

edit2:
I'll just cut the rotation....it does not look too bad with it just sinking into the ground anyway

edit3:
solved it...I started at 70000 and not at 70001 :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.