• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[AI] Moba ai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I made a MOBA AI, but I cant make it to buy items. Do I have to make an AI, like from the AI editor, then save it, then import and all that. Or is there some sort of scripting witch in this case I did, but its not going well, its buggy. Thanks for helping.

Level 24
I suppose triggering the AI will work better if you do it right but that means that you would have quite some experience in triggers and AI...

It is not that easy to do eitherway.
But if it is possible through the AI editor, that I dont know.
It is not supposed to work with an AoS/MOBA, but rather with an RTS.

Level 13
I suppose triggering the AI will work better if you do it right but that means that you would have quite some experience in triggers and AI...

It is not that easy to do eitherway.
But if it is possible through the AI editor, that I dont know.
It is not supposed to work with an AoS/MOBA, but rather with an RTS.

Right now, the AI I made are buying items by scripts and triggers. But Every time they go back to the base , they just buy bad items. I made healing potions and mana potions, and they only buy them once. Guess I have to make some scripts left and right. Oh and BTW I was just wondering if I make AI by the AI Editor, I have used the AI Editor and I saw (AI buy items), soooo IDK, will test it out tho. Will try to do something. Thanks for the help.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to create an intelligent system for choosing what items to get and when. This usually falls into part of the strategic AI level.

The simplest implementation would be to assign each hero type one of many specific sequences for items in a specific acquisition order (maybe by acquisition priority). This almost always produces good results due to the nature of items in such a game (there are only a hand full of viable item load outs and acquisition orders for each hero). Better results can be obtained by choosing the load out of items based on team composition or opponent load out. The result might not be optimum as the hard coded load outs might not be optimum or a sub-optimal load out is chosen for a situation due to poor selection intelligence.

Level 13
You need to create an intelligent system for choosing what items to get and when. This usually falls into part of the strategic AI level.

The simplest implementation would be to assign each hero type one of many specific sequences for items in a specific acquisition order (maybe by acquisition priority). This almost always produces good results due to the nature of items in such a game (there are only a hand full of viable item load outs and acquisition orders for each hero). Better results can be obtained by choosing the load out of items based on team composition or opponent load out. The result might not be optimum as the hard coded load outs might not be optimum or a sub-optimal load out is chosen for a situation due to poor selection intelligence.

Ye, I did create specific scripts for each and every AI. And I just tested the AI editor for the MOBA AI... well... he is standing in place (JK), I made scripts for him to move. And go back and heal up. Anyway, he buys items. He bought healing salve, but he dose not buy the other items, like boots, gloves, stat items bla bla bla... Guess I have to make scripts for this, I could make a Check list (Check list is a trigger that checks it self every 1-5 seconds). So I can make it like Check if the hero is near the shop AKA Region, Then check if he has the gold and space to buy the next item on the list. I think this might work. Will take a lot of work, but hey, I want my map to be good. Tnx for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.