• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mixing type spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am making a spell that when cast, there is a trigger that takes the items in the unit's inventory and based on what items it has, it makes different items. I.E. Steel + Steel = Steel Sword. It's almost like a weaponsmith. I can't figure out how do detect the correct items though. I have the event and conditions. In the actions, I am planning to use if then else code. The if will see if the hero has the items or not. After that, I can do the rest. A little help here? :roll:

EDIT: I don't want the items to have to be in specific slots of the hero!!

Level 11
It's simple... You can store more than one thing under a variable. In your case, you can store more than 1 item into a variable.

The trick about arrays is that they have a parameter. Each array variable looks like this: Variable_name[parameter]. To store stuff into variables and to get them:

unit[1]=footman
unit[2]=archer
unit[3]=ghoul

That's just an example. Now, if you want to remove the footman after a couple of seconds you will have something like:

Wait 1.00 seconds
Remove Unit unit[1].

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.