• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

mix-and-match skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi all,

any idea how i can get players to choose thier own (levelable) skills by buying them from the market???

I already know u can make a hero have a certain skill after buying an item from a shop with the same name (with help of triggers of cos) buts that not i want... i want it such that after buying a skill, the hero still needs to use skill points (those that heros get when they level) in order to really have it...

erm... am i making any sense???

eg lets say i wan a blademaster to have windwalk/critical/bash... so i'll go buy these skills... but i wun get to use them straight away... i'll have 1 skill point (since i'm only level 1) and i only get to put 1 point into 1 of them... i also know that i can make it such that every time i level 1 get 1 wood (which i can use to buy upgrades for skills) but i also don't want that cos it's too much a hassle to keep goin back to a shop....

anyone can help???

gabjus

Level 5
I don't think it's possible. Sorry.

You could easily just charge them gold for the skill.

Level 13
It is possible, because games like Custom Hero Line Wars has this system. Haven't you tried creating a trigger like this?:
  • Events:
    • Unit - A unit adquires an item.
  • Conditions:
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) equal to "Critical Strike"
  • Actions:
    • Hero - Learn skill for (triggering unit): Orc Blademaster "Critical Strike"
    • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

Status
Not open for further replies.