• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missle to Entangling Roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys I'm trying to make an ensnare spell, but I want to use entangling roots since it does damage over time, and I'm wondering if it's possible to add a missle to entangling roots, since I tried changing the Art- Missle Art, Missle Speed to throw the ensnare missle.

However in-game it only shows the net pop-up on the target straight away (this is from the buff). Does anyone know if it's possible to add a missle to entangling roots?

Level 3
Keep with your own way then make a trigger to damage those affected by your ability

Unit affected by esnare
Trigger deals x damage per second to unit every x seconds

mind that if you use roots, the target wont be able to attack, contrary to esnare

Last edited:
Level 15
You don't have to trigger the whole spell. First you create a custom-ability based on any targeting ability, then you trigger the missile ( periodic event = it passes some time ) , when it reaches the target create a dummy unit that has 'Entangling Root' and make him target the enemy, the damage of the entangling root will be original and proper

Status
Not open for further replies.