• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mission 1 Complete Idea/Dicussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
197019-albums4357-picture50865.jpg

Yellow Square at the bottom center is where we start
Red Line is the Main Path of how the mission is supposed to go
Yellow Lines are the Objective Quest lines
Yellow Circles are where the Objective Quests are
Star is where the mission ends

Main Quest is to investigate the Towns and find out why they haven't sent the promised shipments to the kingdom.

We start with both of the heroes and go through the line to the left
at the 1st Yellow Circle we get the 1st Secondary Quest that is
Save the Villagers from the Wolves
some wolves will be attacking some travelling villagers whom we have to save
Reward : Not Decided yet

Moving on to the north from here we finally find the Town
over there we will be told to meet the Town Head, meeting him becomes our 2nd Secondary Quest, after meeting him he explains us about some Bears
Migrating to the Middle of the path which has been the reason the town hasn't been able to recieve any shipments from the inner towns and never had much to sent to the Kingdom

2nd Secondary Quest Update
Kill the Bears Blocking the Path
here I've decided the Mission to be some what different than others
when we move to the right from here
some Footman will spawn and attack the bears
if kill the bears, we gain control of the footmen as a Reward

Moving to the East/Right we find the 2nd Village
and before we get the time to investigate Orcs start attacking
here we help the villagers kill the attacking orcs and they give us the 3rd Seconadry Quest
Destroy the Orc Encampment due south of the Town

Level 9
As destroying the Orc base is a secondary objective we can move to the west/right of the town towards the port and set sail using a ship the villages offer us
the mix in story here is that the Orcs have attacked due South of the village
that means they are soon to arrive at the Right most village accress the Water
here we can either set up a timer for us to reach the village before the orcs to defend it
or just have an unlimited time and make the orcs reach there after we get in

at the last town we need to survive 3 Orc Waves, in the last wave an Orc Warlock arrives killing him will finish our Mission

Team Members who have any doubts please post below
and please give out your suggestions for improvement on the Mission/Timing/Side Objectives and or if any other mixture can be made in it

The reward for the wolves quest should be ONE permanent/consumable item, so the player will force the unit with the item to be the tanker or the spellcaster.

Oh, also a little fix to your directions. North = Up, East = Right, South = Down, West = Left. I just noticed that you said West/Right earlier when you were saying that the player has to head east/right.

I suggest you have a timer to reach the village, and make the player go across certain terrain obstacles and a few orc ships in the way to stress the player a bit.

Level 9
The reward for the wolves quest should be ONE permanent/consumable item, so the player will force the unit with the item to be the tanker or the spellcaster.

The 1st Idea/SpaceFiller was a HP Pot, but yea not one of the most original 1st items found
we need something that can be related to the village/Orcs

Oh, also a little fix to your directions. North = Up, East = Right, South = Down, West = Left. I just noticed that you said West/Right earlier when you were saying that the player has to head east/right.

ahh.. All Fixed :D ty for mentioning

I suggest you have a timer to reach the village, and make the player go across certain terrain obstacles and a few orc ships in the way to stress the player a bit.

The Way from Village 2 & Village 3 is only by route of the water which is full of Orc Battleships, so pretty much what you've mentioned :)
The reason why I'm a little confused whether to have the Timer or not is cause of the Optional Quest added that is Destroy the Orc base due South of Village 2, which would take some time

Thank you for the contribution

Level 9
mckill2009 said:
sorry mate, I'm really buzy at the moment with lots of requests...but I'll try to catch up :)...
No problems mate, just keep in touch reading when possible as this is how the missions are to be triggered :)

bisnar13 said:
hey why is the portrait of units blocked? the inventory to looks distorted or something.
fix it or change it :D (just noticed)
The Custom Interface isn't put in properly, currently it isn't any matter we need to worry about, I will fix it later on ^.^
what we need to think together is how to complete/Improve the Storyline and Gameplay

Level 7
i see that u say the footman kill the bear,if the bear kill, u get the footman as reward?Why dont u change into more good reward rather then footman?

Level 9
bisnar13 said:
I noticed that you could go to the star by going to 3 and go there did you meant that?
Star is Where the you get to the final Battle, that is where the Orc waves arrive
3 is just a small Orc Emcampment set up south of Village 2
Destroying it is Optional not compusory :)
and no there is no other route to reach the 3rd Village rather than straight through the water

ImperialShadow said:
i see that u say the footman kill the bear,if the bear kill, u get the footman as reward?Why dont u change into more good reward rather then footman?
umm what I mean to say is
IF we Help the Footmen Kill the Bears and IF we are successful at it we get those footmen

1st OPT Quest gives us an Item
so that's the best I can think of for a 2nd OPT Quest

also you will be needing them if you wish to complete OPT 3 as that won't be any walk in the park

in the 1st mission, only 3 Units will be usable
The Footman, The Swordman and The Archer

still If you have something better for the slot I'm all Ears for it :)
also we need something good from OPT 3
no reward has been decided for it yet probabaly some good Artifact or mass effect scroll or something

Please continue on :)

Level 9
indomitable1319 said:
You've sent the map/campaign to the other members?
I haven't recieved a map/campaign from you.

The Campaign folder was sent to the team members months ago :)

remember this ?
me on the PM "Going out" said:
hey there guys,
just wanted to inform you about me leaving for a 15 days trip with the family, The project will be at a halt for until I'm back
I know many people might have had some expectations from me but due to my WorldEdit Limitation I couldn't get the planned alpha ready in time neither could I had done till where the project might had proceeded while I would be gone
so here's The Official Campaign File of BTEK
at the moment nothing is playable
But you can have a glance on till where I and EpicCraft have completed
when I'm back I will be trying my best to least get this at a playable alpha stage but for now
it's StormyZ Over and Out

I can give it to you again incase you don't have it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.