• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Missing soundset, what can we do -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I just realised that since at least the last patch but certainly not much longer, the medivh unit soundset seems to be missing.

Can you confirm that?

I had a unit in my map using that soundset and I just played that map and the unit was quiet, so I went into the object editor and had a look at the unit.
"Unit soundset - medivh" still seems correct.

Then I doubleclicked the field to chose and confirm it again just for trolol, but as soon as I opened the choosebox it said "nothing" and medivh is not listend in the list of soundsets (!?)

So I thought maybe they changed the name of the soundset but it's the exact same problem for the original medih unit. In the preview for the field it says medivh but when I doubleclick the field it's "nothing" and the medivh soundset doesn't exist.

I tried open a new map -> same problem. Same problem in WE newgen too, usually I use vanilla.

Can you confirm this or is my wc3 broken? Or mb it's only a problem in the german version? :/

Thanks!

Level 21
medivh soundset doesn't exist.
Yes, Medivh never had a soundset, just like Archimonde and the Emissary/Apprentice Wizard. Blizzard probably wanted to make those soundsets, but never really did (or never added them to the game). Even though those soundsets don't exist, you can still hold shift while opening the field (Sound - Unit Sound Set) and just type whatever you want. It won't give the unit any sounds, but it looks like a valid soundset, until you actually open it without holding shift. So, if you really want to use Medivh, you can use Druid of the Talon's sound set (he sounds similar to Medivh) or you can try this.

Last edited:
Level 4
well it's a strange thing to me. I think the most likely cause is that until recent the medivh soundset did exist as an empty soundset, so that it was possible to chose it from the dropdown menu. Otherwise I can't explain why my custom unit, that isn't even based on medivh uses "medivh" soundset (color shows it as a customized field too) . The original unit also has "Medivh" as soundset, so I'm pretty sure that they just removed the empty soundset.
I probably chose it and never realised that he's silent. Or I copy pasted it from medivh... :O

Even though I should have remembered that he has no soundset, after all I'm still quoting Warcraft 3 units up to this day xD

Thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.