• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom soundset & replacig sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there everyone,
I have the following problem: none of the normal ways to replace an already existing unit soundset (AKA making a custiom one) actually work
When i rightclick -> replace intern sound , its all fine for a moment until i save the map: then the replaced sounds aswell as the imported ones (wich where supposed to be the replacement/custom Soundset) get overwritten, back to the standart ones.
the alternative way wich includes importing and repathing has the same outcome sadly :(
The Rightclick/replace option worked fine with music, but fails with unit soundsets :/

i have no idea what is wrong, where my mistake is or if i have an unsolveable glitched problem or whatever, id be glad for a ny kind of help!

Level 1
That's weird, did you try to test the map nonetheless?

Also, do you use standard world editor or JNPG?

first off: thanks for the fast reply ^^

second off: when i tested the map it was still the "original" soundfiles, not repla ced. wich is why i checked the WEditor again.
I am using the standart editor from blizzard

Level 1
im pretty new to Hive, but i will try my best ... but with the "upload a file" button, im unable to choose wav formats?
basically my sounds are recordings i set to 22050 Hz frequency and 16-bit sample format in .WAV

i kinda assume im making mistakes during the impport/the replacing somehow...? since the file itself, if simply impported and used as sound, works on its own as a simple sound, within the WE

Level 20
Sometimes WE does weird things with imported sounds, even though they appear to be fine.

When setting the path manually, did you copy the exact same file path (e.g. Sound/Units/Human/etc.) ? Also, they are case sensitive.

It's either a problem with the file, or with the path as you can tell.

Level 1
Sometimes WE does weird things with imported sounds, even though they appear to be fine.

When setting the path manually, did you copy the exact same file path (e.g. Sound/Units/Human/etc.) ? Also, they are case sensitive.

It's either a problem with the file, or with the path as you can tell.

Well the problem only accured hwne the path was correct, when it wasnt correct, then it simply worked as you would guess ^^' but thanks alot for the different view on the subject aswell as the replys, i still hope or a "grand slution" , but i guess for now im stuck with testing and triyng arround ^^'

Level 1
i now fixed the n problem by moving the original files into a folder with the same drirectory adress within the WC3 standart folder, and at least the imported files stay the same, but now my ingame character is silent instead of talking in any soundset :/
I used the "replace intern sound" option, and the path didnt need to be customized, it was set to the correct path automatically :/

Status
Not open for further replies.