• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missing Ground Target Visual--Also, Trigger Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heya, folks!

So today, I was able to successfully create a custom spell that spawned an Ancient Protector from ground cast. The spell it is based off of is Flame Strike.

However, in-game, I encountered something strange: I could not see a ground-target icon or any mouse icon whatsoever when the spell was selected. Here's the image:

uvhg3.jpg

To understand what I am talking about, here's a comparison of what I should be seeing (or something equivalent, such as a "hand" icon):

2s0jrjs.jpg

My point being: How would I go about fixing this strange bug so that I see a blue circle on the ground or something akin to it?

Oh, and BTW: Because of my use of a wisp dummy unit, I was just wondering how I would be able to kill the wisp if it fails to "build" the Ancient Protector (pathing issues or something blocking it). If I use the action "Unit - Kill (Last Created Unit)," it would kill the Ancient Protector, even if it was successful at being constructed.

Here's an image of my trigger:

2qui33k.jpg

Level 25
Find the spell in object editor, change "Area of Effect" to higher value (e.g. 150). This determines the area of effect of that ability and with it the size of the targeting circle.

For the wisp and ancient construction, you could try something like this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Cancels construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Cancelled structure)) Equal to Ancient Protector
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
I can guarantee it will work, because I don't have time to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.