• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missile System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Shade Da Scout
This is a GUI missile system, fully MUI, you can have infinite Missiles flying, it uses a timer and a unit group for the basic stuff, but check it out yourself.

This System needs nearly no triggering to make your own Missiles, just check the Introduce and the Readme to get a idea how it works.

If you use this System give credits to redscores.

Fixed line damage, deals now properly damage.

Added a mass projectile spell (its a bit laggy, if someone finds any leaks, tell me).
Contents

Missile System (Map)

Reviews
27 October 2015 Bribe: Rejecting this resource due to: 1) There are much better GUI projectile systems out there. 2) This thing is full of memory leaks sue to groups not getting destroyed 3) Sets UnitUserData 4) Grossly inefficient and not at...

M

27 October 2015
Bribe: Rejecting this resource due to:

1) There are much better GUI projectile systems out there.
2) This thing is full of memory leaks sue to groups not getting destroyed
3) Sets UnitUserData
4) Grossly inefficient and not at all modular

Level 5
if you use the flame thrower with more than 1 unit than the game gets hard lags until it crashes after some time....are the dummy units getting removed ? I dont think so...........

Level 19
where can i get GUI

lol

• Flamethrower
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flamethrower
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: lol2
      • Set FlamethrowerCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit Group - Add FlamethrowerCaster to FlamethrowerGroup
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in FlamethrowerGroup) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start FlamethrowerTimer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 0.25 seconds
        • Else - Actions
lol2

Level 5
I've downloaded this system and It's a very smooth and enjoyable system, and highly adjustable too. After playing around with the settings guided by the readme provided, I must ask:
Is it possible for me to increase the collision aoe of the missiles so that I won't get any near misses? Even if the missile should miss by half an inch it would still hit, is it possible to modify it to such?

All in all, I'm very happy that you came out with this system Redscores, thank you.

Level 19
you can replace this
  • Unit - Move MissileTempUnit instantly to MissileTempLocation[1]
with this
  • Set x = (X of MissileTempLocation[1])
  • Set y = (Y of MissileTempLocation[1])
  • Custom script: call SetUnitX(udg_MissileTempUnit, udg_x)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitY(udg_MissileTempUnit, udg_y)
next step would be to replace "set unitgroup = ..." with call GroupEnumUnitsInRange (much faster) but this would require a few lines of JASS
using other models would make it even faster
but I think the biggest problem are the unitgroups
of course using coordinates everywhere instead of locations would be better but that's not the biggest threshold

Level 5
[trollrant]
not infinite! upon reaching 98,754,238,103,406 missiles on the screen at a time, most of them had left the playable map area or left their range, therefore making infinity impossible without making missiles stand still and then there would still be enough to crash teh intarwebz!
[/trollrant]